Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN PHOTON Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

after a longer time, I reactivated my OMEN PHOTON Mouse because of a hardware issue of another mouse product.

For this, I needed to reinstall the PHOTON driver and a configurator for the mouse.  On the HP support page (explicitly named for the OMEN PHOTON Mouse) the software for the OMEN X9000 Mouse was offered. With the assumption, that the driver is for universal use, I downloaded and installed the driver. As soon as I start HP OMEN Mouse X9000, I get the Information “HP OMEN Mouse X9000 was not detected”. The curious thing is, the mouse itself works perfectly and has still its old button configuration. But I do not have the possibility to make any changes to the Mouse configuration. My question is:

Is there any software available, especially for the PHOTON, and if yes, where can I get it from?

Regards

TOWSIM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Prométhée,

thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the OMEN Command Center does not exist any longer in the Microsoft Store. Instead, they offer the OMEN Gaming HUB. This software works for the PHOTON  too and all is fine. So, all my problems are solved.

Regards

TOWSIM

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

check this

User Guide

Downloading the software
NOTE: This software might be preinstalled on select computers.
This software requires a Windows® 10 operating system (64 bit), version 1709 or later.
1. On your computer, select Start, and then select Microsoft Store.
2. Search for OMEN Command Center, and then download the app

Mouse menu
To open the mouse menu:
▲ After the app opens, select OMEN PHOTON.
TIP: This option is available only when the mouse is connected to the computer.
Using the main menu tabs, you can do the following tasks:
● Verify the battery charge level
● &onƭgure mouse lighting
● Assign macro sequences to mouse buttons
● &onƭgure other mouse settings

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Prométhée,

thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the OMEN Command Center does not exist any longer in the Microsoft Store. Instead, they offer the OMEN Gaming HUB. This software works for the PHOTON  too and all is fine. So, all my problems are solved.

Regards

TOWSIM

HP Recommended

in fact, they probably got the name wrong, I had actually already seen the features in HUB, where they replaced the functions..

OMEN Gaming Hub

The software is present, but no longer seems to have these features indicated
and the software and obviously well available, curious that you did not find it

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/hp-command-center/9P92N00QV14J?hl=en-us&gl=us

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_5481136-5481162-16/hpsbgn03761

well sorry, it was not far!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.