Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the Omen Accelerator GA1-1013a and a brand new Omen by HP 15t-dc100 15-dc1039tx.  The accelerator came with an Asus Dual-GTX1660TI-08G card.

1. Plugging the device into my laptop with the included card crashes the display on my laptop.  A monitor plugged into the card works fine, and I can use key-strokes to move the display properties window to the attached monitor to select screen duplication.  Disconnecting the Accelerator does not restore the laptop display.

2. Substituting the card for my friend's GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC gives me a functioning dual display, but disconnecting the Accelerator seems to disable both keyboard and trackpad button input (the cursor however can still be moved across the screen.

However, in both cases disconnecting the Accelerator and rebooting my laptop results in the laptop's display blacking out either within seconds of bootup on the windows login screen, or else immediately after login.  I cannot access the desktop by plugging in external monitors directly to the laptop or by reconnecting the accelerator.  My only option to regain a functioning laptop has been to reinstall (and subsequently update) Windows.

Every.  **bleep**.  Time.

I am at my wits end with this thing. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MisterAndersen
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

If your OMEN Accelerator does not have a graphics card, you must first install a graphics card (purchased separately). Use the instructions to install either a full-length or half-length graphics card.

Follow these important steps before connecting the OMEN Accelerator to your computer:

1. Install a graphics card in the OMEN Accelerator, if one is not already installed. For instructions see, Installing a graphics card.

2. Update to the latest BIOS version for your computer:

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS

3. Install the Intel Thunderbolt Firmware package (SP80611) only on the following HP products being used as a host PC:

• HP Spectre Notebook PC13-v0xx series

• HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC13-w0xx series

• HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC 15-bl0xx

• HP ENVY All-in-One PC 27-bxxx

• HP ENVY Curved All-in-One PC 34-bxxx

If your computer is not an HP product, contact the computer manufacturer for information about Thunderbolt firmware.

4. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver on your computer: SP80671

5. Connect the power cord, and then connect the OMEN Accelerator to the Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer.

6. Download and install the OMEN Accelerator - Realtek LAN driver: SP80673

7. Download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer's website:

8. Install the OMEN Accelerator app: SP82396

9. Install the OMEN GA1-10 Accelerator firmware update: SP86866

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate the attempt help, but as I clearly stated

1: the Accelerator did indeed come with a card and switching it out for another ultimately didn't help.

2: I have an Omen laptop that is newer than any of the listed types

I downloaded every upgrade when I first booted up my new laptop via the update centre or whatever that program is called. Following every reinstall I again update various drivers as required.

I really don't want to have go through another windows reinstall, so can you please tell me if I can even use the accelerator with my laptop before I start messing around with firmware upgrades that might end up doing more harm than good. I most certainly am not going to plug this thing into my computer and crash the display again unless I can be reasonably assured that doing so is not going to prompt another reinstallation of my OS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.