Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Photon Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI all, the past few weeks my HP Omen Photon Mouse has started drifting, and becoming unresponsive, however this is only the case when wireless works fine plugged in. I have had no new wirelss equipment which could be interfering. All firmware is up to date, all drivers are up to date.

I have only had this mouse a few months and is still under warranty.

Thanks

DamoF86

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Damo - Had exactly the same problem, and mouse and HP computer is less then a weak old! Like you, I tried drivers updates etc and that didn't work. I also felt like it was getting worse over time too (as didn't do for the first couple of days - and like you, I didn't change a thing), however that might have been in my head. I could also make it "lag" if I moved the mouse back and forth on the screen quickly for 10 seconds. 

However - think I have solved it. The issue appears to be, the receiver is too far away from the mouse. Now the back of the box says 10m range (think that B/S). What I did is take the the wired cable (in the Photon's box) and the USB mini to USB full size converter (also in the Photon's box) and plugged the little USB receiver into that and positioned / hide the little receiver really close to the mouse (in my case, just 'peaking' up from the desk about 30 cm away from the mouse). Result - zero lag or drift all day. 

Bit of a shame as the issue is HP appears to either; (a) undersize the transmitter in the mouse, or (b) something similar in the receiver. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.