Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Reactor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the Omen Reactor mouse recently and downloaded the Omen Command Center from the app store. After programing my macros I find that they do not work when I play my video games. I tried running it in administrator and it did not fix anything. I need advice on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have found the solution!

You have to enable your macros using your omen mouse. Do this by holding the 1 and 2 buttons and right clicking. You will see the light of your get brighter if the macros are activated. And they will grow dimmer when deactivated. You can find this instruction in the user guide on page 6 "using buttons"

I feel so dumb for not catching this sooner

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@yerp,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having issues with the Omen reactor mouse not working. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall HP Omen command center?

Have you tried to update the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let's try uninstalling the HP Omen Command center from Control panel, programs and features.

Below is the direct link to download and install the Omen command center. This the latest version available for your computer.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84071.exe

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please go through this link: User guide

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet,

I have tried all that you have recommended and I am still unable to use any macros from my mice. The link you sent me to install the Omen Command Center worked, but it is unable to finish installing. The command prompt wondow appears and then it disapears and nothing happens afterward.

Tell me what may be the cause of this, please.

HP Recommended

One last thing. The hp support assistant application display's my omen mouse in the devices setting as a usb input device, not as the omen gaming mouse. This is strange since it is an hp supported product. Perhaps this can be the problem? Let me know what you think.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@yerp

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns.

I see that the issue persists even after attempting several troubleshooting steps

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi I have the exact same problem create macro but not work, and the installer link command center not finish, is there some way or update mouse firmware?  please can help me to KrazyToad ? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Darzx,

I am replying to your private message publically to inform you that no. None of the solutions that were offered work. I received a private message about calling phone support which I haven't done yet and to be honest don't think will fix anything. I may try if I find the time, but I am so busy I am having troubling setting aside what will likely be hours of waiting on a phone to try and get a problem fix.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. No macros/assigned keys work. Each mouse button just does it's default thing, no matter what I put in Omen Command Centre.  I can change the LEDs fine, but that's not exactly useful. 

Are we going to get any answers here?

HP Recommended

Did you find any resolution about this issue?

i have the same problem as yours !

mouse macro can be set up but doesn't work 

keybord macro works perfectly

HP Recommended

No, as usual HP dgaf. 

They've got probably the worst support out of all the brands. If you ever have had to deal with their support, you'd likely decide that your next product should be a Lenovo or something.

Releasing a product that hasn't got working software to go with it, then never fixing the problem or responding to customers is typical of HP.

I'm sorry that I can't help you out, Ouxufe. If you do end up with a solution can you post it here? ✌️ 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.