Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP sequencer by omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp omen sequencer keyboard in which the RGB is not working and i ordered this keyboard on feb 2019

With a 12 year warranty on Amazon

Now i checked my warrenty status and it says that it's expired and i cajt get my keyboard repaired cause none of the HP showrooms around me even know about this keyboard..and end up giving me wrong numbers to call

.i sent an email to hp support and got no response..

Pls help i paid a lot

And pls give me a number where I can talk to humans pls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

At this point, all I can do is ask the moderators of a Rep can contact you for a warranty issue.

I think the lighting has physically failed and will have to be replaced.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Duckkyyy

Welcome to HP support community.

Uninstall the Omen command center

You can uninstall the HP omen control center from the control panel, programs and uninstall it.

Reinstall OCC again from this link: Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Then run the windows update again.

1. Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
  2. Go to settings (gear icon).
  3. Select the Update and Security icon.
  4. Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)
  5. Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried out the following steps u adviced me to...yet my keyboard rgbs are not working.....pls help.

(Crying internally)

HP Recommended

@Duckkyyy

Try performing system restore:-Click here

If the issue persist, create a new user account and check if that works:

1. From the Start menu, navigate to Settings. Note: For help navigating, see Getting around in Windows.
  2. Select Accounts.
  3. In the left menu, select Family & other users.
  4. Click Add someone else to this PC.
  5. Choose whether to create a Microsoft account or a local account. To create a local account:

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes sir..i tried this as well...it ain't working...i paid a lot for this beauty.....

Pls suggest me what to do next

HP Recommended

Sorry to jump in, but I don't think SandyTech will be on this late. Perhaps I can help?

1. Is the keyboard recognized in the Omen Command Center at all?

2. When you say the RGB doesn't work, do you mean the lights wont come on at all, or do they come on but don't change colors?

If they don't come on at all, did you try the Hot Keys? Press the Fn key and F11 to toggle the brightness. Does that do anything? Do any of these short cuts in the photo below work?

Sequencer hot keys.JPG

One of the two USB cords operates the lighting. Can you switch the USB cords to other USB ports to test with? What happens?

IF none of the steps above work, my guess is the lighting physically failed and the keyboard would have to be replaced.

If so, what country are you in that you ordered through Amazon?

HP Recommended

It is recognised by the omen command center..

. The hotkeys( fn) also ain't working..

.and the light won't come at all except the indicators for caps

.i ordered this keyboard from Amazon india with a 12 month warranty

.and the shortcuts don't work

HP Recommended

And did you also try the switching the USB cables to other ports?

HP Recommended

Yes i have indeed ..changed ports and connected it to my lap....wasn't able to get any rgb

HP Recommended

At this point, all I can do is ask the moderators of a Rep can contact you for a warranty issue.

I think the lighting has physically failed and will have to be replaced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.