Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi LoneCactusMotel.  I'm having the exact same issue with my one day old Reverb G2, and was wondering if you ever found a solution.  Clearing the cache did not work, unfortunately, and I've tried all the "basic" fixes multiple times now.

I spoke with HP support and they suggested returning the unit and getting a replacement, but my fear is that the same thing will happen even with a new unit.  My other next option is to reinstall Windows which I really don't want to do.

Thanks a lot for your help (and Tanno's as well) so far.  At least I know I'm not totally crazy since others have experienced the same thing.

HP Recommended

Hi Red-Wolf,

I have not been able to find a solution. I also spoke with HP support and they said I should get it replaced.

I filed a replacement request with PC Connection, but they are extremely slow to respond. At first I sent an email, but never got an answer. The replacement request has been acknowledged after a while, but I have not received any information on how to proceed. Let me know how it goes for you.

HP Recommended

Hi  LCM,

Thanks for quick response!

Before re-installing Windows, I decided to try calling HP support one more time.  Just got off the phone with them.  They are sending me a replacement which should take 4-5 business days since the old one has to be returned first.   Not great, but hopefully this will solve the problem.

When I talked to HP yesterday, they told me I could not get a replacement until mid February and that I should go through PC Connection for faster response.  Not sure if it is too late for you to try to go through HP directly and get faster response.  You just need to get connected to the right person. 🙄

In any case, I'll let you know when I get the new one and whether it works.   Good luck and thanks again!

HP Recommended

Update: Spoke with HP once more before returning the unit.  This agent told me that there could be a very long turnaround time and advised working with PC Connections, so I'm back to that.  He also mentioned that this product was designed to work with HP computers and maybe I have some limitations with my motherboard. 

My MB is Asus ROG Maximus Hero XI (wifi).  It's 6 months old and reasonably high end.  Including this information in case someone else is having similar issues with this MB.

HP Recommended

Hi, I had exactly the same problem. I ordered an external USB bluetooth device for my PC and connected the controllers to the USB device and not to the G2 (unbind from the G2 first...). Works without any issues! So I think it's something with the firmware of the G2. 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll try that. Which BT adapter did you get?

HP Recommended

from TP-Link, Bluetooth 4, just put into USB port (i tried only USB 2), unbind controllers from G2 with the HP software and bind with the bluetooth device

HP Recommended

Hi.  This worked for me!!  Thanks very much.  I had tried this once before using the BT on my motherboard, but it did not work.  After seeing your message I remembered that I had never attached the WiFi/Bluetooth antenna that came with the MB since I did not think I'd use it.  Attached that, followed your instructions, and it works!  Hope this works for LoneCactusMotel also.  Thanks again to all for the help.

HP Recommended

Awesome! This works for me as well!

It was enough to unbind one controller from the headset and connect it through the USB BT dongle to make both controllers work. I always had a  hunch it had something to do with Bluetooth. But I didn't know I could just use an external dongle.

Feels more like a hardware issue than a firmware bug. But could be either.

Thanks so much!

By the way, I grew up in Cologne. 🙂

HP Recommended

@LoneCactusMotel: Kölle Alaaf!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.