Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks. Since we're sharing info, this is the hub I'm using. I've never had any real problems with it, and that the G2 isn't working 100% with it is not necessarily an indication anything is wrong with it.

ORICO Portable 4 Ports USB 3.0 Hub Super Speed 5Gbps for Windows 7 8 XP Vista Mac, MacBook Air, Wind...

HP Recommended

OK latest update. The other day I checked and found newer chipset drivers for my motherboard, which I installed.

I never actually tried all of the USB ports on my motherboard (connecting the headset cable directly), this evening I started trying different ports and found one that worked. Used the headset with this for about 30 minutes and didn't encounter any major issues. I'll keep going with this arrangement and repost if I encounter issues again.

HP Recommended

I GOT MINE WORKING.

I posted earlier that I have the Gigabyte Aorus X570, Ryzen 3700x, and Gigabyte 5700XT 3 fan graphics card. 

I bought the following PCIe USB 3.0 Expansion card: Amazon.com: PCIE USB 3.0 Card, ELUTENG 4 Ports PCI Expree to USB Expansion Card Super Speed 5Gbps PC...

The headset now works. Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR says I'm at 90hz, and both the mic and ears are working. I only played the Windows mixed reality tutorial so far, so can't comment on the reliability, but the connection errors seem to be gone for now.

Seeing what Sportflier posted, I should probably make sure my chipset drivers are up to date, but I believe they already are. It's probably best to do that before resorting to buying this expansion card.

Something to note:
The drivers for this expansion card come built in to Windows 10. I think there are no Linux drivers, and I don't know what steps you need to take on Mac. I have Windows 10, and I think Windows 8 also comes with the drivers. One thing to make sure is not to plug the headset in until you have fully booted.
When I first fired up the machine after installing the expansion card, I had the headset plugged in. It gave me one error and then another both related to USB trouble. I unplugged the headset and plugged it back in, and that's when it started working. So, just wait til you're done booting to plug the headset into the expansion card.

For whomever else will be trying this, good luck. 

HP Recommended

New build for me.

Mother board , Asus Crosshair viii hero viii (wifi)

CPU AMD  5800X 

Ram G Skill DDR4 3600

GPU Sapphire 5600XT ( like everyone else still waiting to get a 6800 XT ) still very good at half resolution.

ERROR 7-14

i had all the error messages too,   All the things below fixed things.

i used windows assistant and updated to latest windows version.

updated my bios to latest version 2702

Display adapter worked in socket closest to mother board on Graphics card
USB only worked on my  3.1 Gen 2, would not work on USB C or USB 3.2 Gen 2 .

Hope this is of help to some.

HP Recommended

fyi

i have received  G2 headset this week

i have the same issue on X 570 gigabyte aorus pro with  amd  3900x  and  gpu GTX 1080 TI , 

(i have tested previous windows 10 version, as wel as the current)

edit

received today a 25 euro value, pcie usb 3.1 expansion card from amazon, and installed it on x570 pc, reverb g2 works great on that via usb-c

headset does work  properly  on my (4 year old)  Asus  Z170 pro gaming,  intel I7 , with GTX 1070 gpu

(as well as you can expect from such an old PC)

HP Recommended

I managed to get my ASUS G14 to work with the HP Reverb G2 by adding a docking station and using its ports. The downside is that the Reverb G2 only runs at 60HZ not 90HZ.  I would like to hear if anyone has found a better solution.

The docking station I use is: Amazon.com: Dockteck Thunderbolt 3 Dock- Dual 4K@60Hz Monitor Laptop Docking Station with 60W Chargi... . I don't think just any docking station will work. Also, only specific ports were able to be recognized by the G2.

HP Recommended

I purchased this following USB 3.0 PCI-E Hub for Extreme IV Motherboard

The device worked but the HP Reverb G2 did not, it show up as an exclamation in the Mixed Reality Software. 

DO NOT BUY THE FOLLOWING, THIS IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME ON MY SETUP.

"ULANSEN PCI-E to USB 3.0 C + A 5-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power"

HP Recommended

Just wanted people to know, I have a X570 board and this powered usb 3.1 hub works perfectly. 

https://www.amazon.com/ORICO-Powered-Aluminum-SuperSpeed-Splitter/dp/B07XHL5399/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid...

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my Z97 Fatality Mainboard but luckily I had an USB Hub around and that way I fixed the problem. I used this one: https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07L32B9C2/

HP Recommended

Same here ... 
MSI - MEG-X570-UNIFY
MSI - RTX3090 Ventus 3x 
AMD - 5950x

G.Skill - 128 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM

Windows 10 Pro 20H2

All latest drivers, BIOS and updates installed ... 
Depending on which USB port and which display port i use, i get one of the following three errorcodes
7-14

1-4

7-7

BadHP3.PNGBadHP2.PNGBadHP.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.