Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 11

The Reverb works fine when its just sitting on my desk, but when I pick it up, it goes blank.  If I put it on my head and sit still, it sometimes comes back to life, but then when I move my head just a little, it will often go blank all over again (but sometimes not!)  Other times, I get a nasty flickering in both screens, and sometimes only one screen comes up.  I'm on the MSI GE66 Raider laptop with 32GB RAM and an i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz and my GPU is the NVidea GeForce RTX 3070 (Laptop).  Cables are all tightly connected and volume is not too high. I've updated to Windows 11 and updated the bios and firmware, but to no avail.  The Raider has a USB-C port in the back right next to the mini displayport plug and these are what I use, so I make use of the short adapter provided by HP.  I have had this problem in MS Flight Simulator 2020 from the beginning but not very often, but most recently, it's become a problem that has spread to anytime I pick up and handle the headset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP provided a replacement cable via next day air and it solved the problem I have been having.  Yeah!  (I believe this to be the same improved USB cable that AMD CPU owners are being provided to fix their sync issue.)  The old cable is to be returned via RMA with a pre-printed label.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HP has supported me as I am still under the 1 yr warranty.  They are sending out the updated headset cable to see if that resolves the issue and I will update after I try it out.

HP Recommended

Hi@ DDHelfrich,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Install and update the latest BIOS & video card drivers, once done, use the below steps: 

1. Open the controller's battery cover. 

2. Press and hold the pairing button. It is located below the batteries. 

3. Press and hold the Windows button for five seconds. 

4. Release both buttons simultaneously. The process of resetting should take about 15 seconds. 

5. Pair your motion controllers with your PC. 

Once done, try the below steps: 

1. Open the Mixed Reality Portal app on your PC. 

2. In the side menu click on see more. 

3. Select set up controllers. 

4. In the settings screen you now see, click add Bluetooth or other device. 

5. Open the battery door on your controllers. 

6. Press the small button below the batteries for 2 seconds until the lights flash. 

7. When the controllers appear in the list, click connect. 

Now, put on your headset and make sure that they're working and tracking OK. If you don't see them as in the image above, hold down the Windows button for two seconds until it vibrates to turn them off. 

Then repeat the process to turn them back on again and this should make them both appear in front of you. 

Once the controllers have paired over Bluetooth the lights on the ring will stop flashing and instead stay bright and steady. 

Reverb G2 to support the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue,

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

This procedure did not solve my problem, in fact, it was a total waste of time--my controllers have never been difficult to find in the screens--when the screens are working.  Thanks anyway, and try again.

HP Recommended

If the issue persists, Reverb G2 to support the notebook needs to be checked by taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

HP provided a replacement cable via next day air and it solved the problem I have been having.  Yeah!  (I believe this to be the same improved USB cable that AMD CPU owners are being provided to fix their sync issue.)  The old cable is to be returned via RMA with a pre-printed label.

HP Recommended

How did u contact HP? ive been trying for days and the phone number on their website doesnt work. just says no route found and hangs up.  Tried a 2nd number i found and that just says not taking calls on this number at present try again later.  Tried online chat agent but that says thats for USA and Canada only and they gave me a link for Europe but that link just takes me back to the US Agent.  and have yet to find an email address for HP support.

After going on trust pilot to look at reviews of HP all i saw was bad reviews saying how bad HP support is.

HP Recommended

Hi@DDHelfrich,cliff601,

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue and in order to fix this issue,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked by taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

HP Recommended

Cliff, you could try 866-625-1175  Option 2 which was the place I got my problem fixed.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.