Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to contact customer support about my Reverb G2 headset. I have registered it, given my SN#, and I cant get any ware here. In order to contact customer support I have to give my SN#, I do that and  just get a message UNKNOWN WARRANTY STATUS. This is insane! is there an Email I can contact? I've had this product for only five days..... I am having an issue with the main cable. From what I've been reading many other have had the EXACT same issues as me and a new Cable was the fix. I just want to contact HP about a replacement cable... But the website makes this next to impossible.......

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Its not the s/n on the cable!

Are you reading the s/n from the small sticker within the headset, and to the left of the lens (at least that's where it is for me)? 

And then contact (call) HP Business Support and request the replacement of your current cable to the latest revision of cable (under warranty)

Explicitly ask for:

Part Number: M52188-001
Part Description: SPS-CA ACTIVE 6M BLACK /W SWITCH

This is larger and has a power switch, and 'should' resolve your issue 🙂

Photo of both cables (larger one being the newer revision of cable)

HP Recommended

When I enter the S/N on the tag, it is not recognized. 

HP Recommended

and going on two weeks after my purchase and HP is saying they cannot "Find" my warranty information? I registered this right after it arrived on my door step... What more do they need? I bought it new in unopened  HP packaging. HP posted on redit that they were working on issuing gen 2 cables to all who have been having issues, but if i have no warranty am i just screwed? 

HP Recommended

The serial number for me was on the headset, and to the left of the lens. Remove the VRcover and you should find a small stick with the s/n - It's small.

You should contact HP via the phone as the system might have not been updated to reflect the device (there might be different systems between the website and the support system - note: I'm assuming here)

HP Recommended

they took the headset S/N just fine, How ever they're saying the warranty on the headset isn't found.  I wanted to contact support specifically about the cable, I enter the cable S/N and it isn't recognized. 

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what to suggest other than send them a copy of your receipt/invoice for the headset. That should at least show you have it within the warranty period, and have them resolve the issue as it's their problem and not yours.

HP Recommended

So calling is the only way to resolve this issue? Let me Give a quick rundown what I've been doing so there is no confusion  and make sure I'm not missing anything.

1. Log on to HP Support
  2. Go to Dash board to verify my Head Set is there
    1. it is on my dash board
    2. S/N and Product # match what i have
    3. note Warranty "Box" Shows Unknown Warranty
  3. select "Unknown Warranty"
    1. directed to a page reading "HP was unable to find a match based on the information provided"
    2. Fill out the provided form, S/N & Product ID Hit Check Again.
    3. I get the same Message
  4. Back on the "Dash Board" I select "Contact HP"
    1. I get a popup "Unable to determine warranty status
  5. Contact virtual assistant
    1. a repeat of step 3.1-3.3
HP Recommended

Just a quick update. I contacted HP Customer Support by phone. The tech was Very helpful, He suggested i update Windows, To mu surprise my version was out of date. After doing so the problem actually got worse. But he did send out a new cable, It should be here today . Crossing my fingers that this fixes the issue i have with the headset.

HP Recommended

I cant find anywhere for a number to **bleep** in NZ. Going through virtual assistant was a waste of time and just got me in a loop - still no way to contact them - I just get back to the beginning

I have issues with audio drop-out on G2 and tried me solutions on forums including powered USB hub. I have 5 months left on warranty. Wierdly the serial number on the box was accepted but the serial number on the headset is different and is not accepted.

I want to try the replacement cable as suggested by others but have no way to convey this to HP

• Part Number: M52188-001
  • Part Description: SPS-CA ACTIVE 6M BLACK /W SWITCH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.