Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen command center
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to use the omen command center and I downloaded it but it won't see my location.

I'm on a desktop using LAN and it doesn't have wifi. Windows 10 says that my location is being used but it still says that it can't find me. And my phone is too old to download the omen app since it's a galaxy S4.

How the hell do I get it to read my location??? photo_2019-11-30_16-14-31.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PrinceMai 

I hadn't tried it without WiFi so I tested it on two different machines and got the same error warning as you are.

Apparently its set up for only using WiFi as its Geo location tracker. I tinkered around a bit and found no way to change this.

All I can do is ask HP and see if they have a fix for it. I don't imagine there will be though. I've seen other tracker software in the past that required WiFi enabled to work more accurately also, so this might be one of the reasons the OCC is requiring it. IDK

HP Recommended

Hopefully they fix that soon cause I can't use the app on my phone haha.

some of us desktop users are on LAN hp!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.