Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
880-122na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all.  I have an 880-122na with 16GB of RAM (2x8).  I'm looking to add another 2x8's, but I'm finding it very hard to match.  I see that I can probably order the HP stuff, but it's pretty expensive.

I'm looking for 2666 MHz with 19-19-19-43 timings.  The only one I can find is this one by Elite: 

TEAMGROUP ELITE PLUS 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-21300C19 2666MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT

It's selling for £80 on Overclockers.co.uk, which isn't bad at all, but I've never heard of Elite before.  Anyone else do some RAM upgrades and run into issues?  Is mixing RAM with different timings an issue with these motherboards? I know you should avoid it if possible, but just curious on thoughts from people.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @k2focus 

You are wanting to populate the other two empty slots. Does the new ram need to match the old ram?

You don't have to match the old pairs timings, but its better if you do. The two new sticks will have to match each other, but if they don't match the old set, the system will run both sets at the slower sets speed. Voltages have to match all across though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.