Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 2-3 second audio delay when I use wired headphones with my Pavilion laptop. This is a massive problem since I edit videos and that delay is enough to render this machine useless to me.

I've been seeing this problem crop up all over the place for all kinds of HP devices. I really wish I had done a little more research before making my purchase, because not a single thing I have attempted from the answers in the forums has helped me at all.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@nickmaida , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

15-EC0010NR
Sorry for the delay, but thank you for taking the time to respond.

HP Recommended

Not a problem!  You are welcome, @nickmaida!

I have read up on your situation and it appears to be a Bang & Olufsen problem.  Here are a couple of possible cures to try:

1) reducing the sample rate to 16bits 44100 Hz worked for them apparently. SPEAKER/HEADPHONE PROPERTIES > ADVANCE> SAMPLE RATE>16bits 44100 Hz

2) Boot the system and play any kind of music and the open the "HP Audio Switch" and click "Audio Control", when the programs opens, your audio quality(while using wired headphones) will be improved VERY significantly(with out changing anything in the menu). You can easily see the difference in audio quality if you open this program while listening to instrumental music.

I would like to know it the same problem still exists.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the first option makes no difference.

The second one is not going to be any use to me since this is not an issue of the quality of the audio, the delay is the problem.

I do appreciate the help but everything I have read is temporary solutions, no lasting ones. The consistency I am seeing on the forums is proof enough for me to return this thing. 

Thanks again for talking through this, and my apologies for venting on these forums, but I am very thoroughly done with this computer.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @nickmaida!

No apology necessary.  I have been to that point more times than I can remember.  I wish that I could have helped you solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.