Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870 090

I downloaded the lastest Bios update (The A0.59 Rev.A), to check it I downloaded the HP Hardware Diagnostics App and It says that the version is the A0.36. Anyone know if I am wrong, I downloaded wrongly or how to check it correctly?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't use the Download and Install Assistant.

I would manually download the file at the site in my previous link.

Locate the file after the download completes. It should be in the downloads folder.

Run the file or try right clicking on the file then run as an admin.

Wait for the BIOS update process to complete, don't touch anything. The PC should restart.

The BIOS should now be updated to the latest version.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Bauty 

You downloaded and installed this BIOS update (Link)?

You should have A0.59 Rev.A if the BIOS update completed successfully.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz

Yes, I downloaded and installed the BIOS update and it still say that my BIOS Version is A0.36.

I leave some images in case it helps in something. If you could help me I would really appreciate it.

Bauty_0-1597623372124.png

Bauty_1-1597623386507.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't use the Download and Install Assistant.

I would manually download the file at the site in my previous link.

Locate the file after the download completes. It should be in the downloads folder.

Run the file or try right clicking on the file then run as an admin.

Wait for the BIOS update process to complete, don't touch anything. The PC should restart.

The BIOS should now be updated to the latest version.

Regards

HP Recommended

That worked! Thank You.

HP Recommended

@Bauty 

Good to hear this.

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.