Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my desktop on black Friday last year. About a month later, it displayed a beep code (3 long low beeps, 3 short high beeps). I didn't worry about it too much because other than the beeping everything worked normally after start up and it only happened about once a month. A couple of months ago the beeping started occurring more frequently. I looked up some chat boards and read that it might be an issue with the video card or memory not being seated properly, I re-seated them but issue continued. Now the beeping still happens infrequently and sometimes the video will not come back on when the desktop is coming out of sleep mode and I'm forced to power it off without a proper shutdown.  I believe it to be a video issue because when i tap on the mouse or keyboard the tower, keyboard, and mouse all light up but the monitor does not get a signal.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Yes, a three beep/three beep cadence at startup is a graphics card problem.

Have you updated to the latest Nvidia GTX 1060 drivers (Link)?

You could reset the graphics card again but I would contact HP Support (Link) as you should be in warranty.

Regards

HP Recommended

I just updated the drivers. Ill post an update in a week as to weather or not it fixed the problems. Thank you.😁

HP Recommended

Hi Noden_85,

You're very welcome.

Sounds good.

The driver update may help but BIOS error codes of this nature could point to a possible hardware problem.

Nvidia drivers run inside the operating system. A POST error code is usually a BIOS hardware or BIOS firmware problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Still getting beep codes 😫. Going to contact hp about a warranty. Thank you again for providing links for me!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.