Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0375nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While gaming , the screen goes black and the PC basically ''freezes'' . The power is still on but keyboard and mouse are unresponsive . I have to do a hard reboot (holding the on/off button) to get it out of the ''freeze'' situation. 

Did a monitor diagnosis ; no issues with monitor. 

Graphic card up to date , Win 10 up to date , BIOS up to date , Quick start up disabled .

Sometimes it happens almost directly after starting game and sometimes after a while , so it's no heating issue.

I also have my game settings deliberately on medium while it (RTX 2060) easily can take much higher settings.

I don't have issues while browsing or performing other tasks, only while gaming.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello
in this case, it is not the monitor that is the problem, but the computer, rather the graphics card, or other internal element
So did you test all the components?
"Graphic card up to date"
HP or other drivers? the problem being present after starting the computer from the beginning?
The games recommend this type of graphics card not more powerful (example of games)
Have you tested a very poorly performing game?
with youtube videos or other platform?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi , thanks for replying.

I used the HP diagnostic tool ; no issues.

CHKDSK ; no issues .

HP drivers checked .

Manually checked/updated all drivers.

Reinstalled Win 10.

Problem present since beginning.

All games i play have much lower system requirements than my card can handle.

Youtube no problem , can play 4k videos without issues.

Regarding testing a very poorly performing game ; i runned a couple of games on recommended settings ;which was very high or even ultra and the system could barely keep up (as in very high cpu usage). So i play my games on medium or even low settings , but my system should be running smoothly on high settings , but sadly this is not the case.

There's also no clear pattern in what kind of games this issue is present ; it can happen with low and more demanding games.

It can happen right at the start of a game , it can happen happen after weeks  ,while in the meantime no PC-settings are changed. 

Thank you very much for your help , it's very much appreciated .

HP Recommended

ok, I am not a technician, but according to your indications, even if the HP test does not find anything, if you have carried out the complete tests of the whole system correctly

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support
you probably have a problem with the graphics card, but maybe it is something else!
I can only advise you to contact the after sales service

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I see...is there any other way to get help online ?

Returning the PC to after sale services / repair shop could take weeks , don't want that hassle , especially in these times now without a PC.

HP Recommended

Some additional info that might be of use :  Yesterday i played a game (Life Is Strange part 1)and right after launch it crashed as in the issue i described ...today i played the same game for about 15 minutes  and nothing happened . 

Should a hardware fault not be more consistent in its errors , or is it quite common that sometimes the error occurs and sometimes not?

Thought this might be worthwile to mention.

HP Recommended

I know this game, it is not at all fast, very little resource intensive
I played with a much less powerful computer.
And yes, it depends on what there is but it can be random
You specified that you have reinstalled windows, so it is not logically an update
For contact options :

Contact opnemen met HP

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

UPDATE: IT WAS A H/W ISSUE

HP chat support determined that a "hardware error" is causing my Omen 30L video (bit not audio) to crash in WOT & WOW, War Thunder, & Armored Warfare . Best Buy only gives me 15 days to return the PC, so I will take it back shortly, but HP's chat support was great so will be looking at an Omen 25L GT12 iirc.

HP Recommended

Except that the user here tells me to have this from the beginning, and that even after recovery and other drivers / bios  same problem
So it's simple, reinstall the factory, test, if not better, update the pilots from the HP site
Not Better , the problem is certainly material
It would be better to have the pc in but to test it is obvious, there we can only base ourselves on what we are told
Now I wasn't wasting my time with that, given how many issues there were with these models I would definitely get my money back

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I will contact repair shop , and let you know the result subsequently , thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.