Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop PC GT11-1000i / GT12-1000i (1N3Y3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi! I have an issue with the PC when the power cord is not pluged in. Everytime when i pluged in the power cord the PC boots by itself and getting error CMOS 502. This only happens when the PC dont have power cord connected. I have tried to install new cmos battery and restore bios but no luck. The PC works fine though with power cord connected all the time. But it gets annoying when im traveling and get this error all the time. It also resetting the date and time. Any idea what the issue is? 

Thanks

Regards Robin

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@weezc00,

Sadly, in rare cases it could be the case that the CMOS itself has become corrupted/defective -in other words, since CMOS stores the BIOS settings, resetting CMOS isn't going to help.  That means you would have to replace the motherboard.

In any regard, have you tried/please review the 502 troubleshooting steps here: HP PCs - 500, 501, or 502 error displays on a blue screen | HP® Customer Support?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.