Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0027na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to Overclock my (newly replaced CPU) i9-9900K but my OMEN Gaming Hub software doesn't have "The required HP services" I know this to be untrue as in the previous version, with the same CPU, gave me the proper options. Now when I launch the application I am asked to update and restart my PC which I have done at least 5 times now to no avail. The only thing I have tried so far is updating to the newest version of the BIOS but this did not solve my problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @SethDJL 

You could try uninstalling the Game Hub you have now and reinstalling.

also the HP System Event Viewer.

Reboot

Then install these files...

Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

OMEN Command Center SDK Package sp111311.exe

Then run the Windows updates, even if it shows its up to date already. Click the Search for updates button.

Then reboot.

Then go into Windows Services and make sure HP Omen HSA is running and set to automatic.

Let me know if it works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @SethDJL 

You could try uninstalling the Game Hub you have now and reinstalling.

also the HP System Event Viewer.

Reboot

Then install these files...

Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

OMEN Command Center SDK Package sp111311.exe

Then run the Windows updates, even if it shows its up to date already. Click the Search for updates button.

Then reboot.

Then go into Windows Services and make sure HP Omen HSA is running and set to automatic.

Let me know if it works.

HP Recommended

I've uninstalled the application and now cannot reinstall it via the Microsoft Store as the download errors out at exactly 12.57mb each time, i've sent an error report out to microsoft but don't expect to get any support from there, any ideas where I can download it from elsewhere?

HP Recommended

This is one of my biggest issue with having to go thru the win app store. Unfortunately no there isn't and its not by HP's choice either. MS agreements. 😩

You might try resetting the windows store  to see if that fixes the download issue. Or you might have to wait till it speeds up, could just be a problem on MS's end like you pointed out.

HP Recommended

Finally found a fix, resetting the MS store didn't work so I uninstalled and reinstalled the application via CMD, rebooted the system, followed the steps in your first reply and its working fine now. Thanks for the help and the quick responses 🙂

HP Recommended

You had to reinstall the MS Store via CMD? 

Holy cow what a work around. Thanks for sharing that. Ill keep that in mind next time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.