cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
FishermanArturo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Case & CPU - Fan Upgrades

HP Recommended
HP OMEN GT13-0092
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am new to upgrading pc parts. I just recently purchased the HP Omen GT13-0092, from Amazon. I noticed the fans were a bit loud when I played Warzone and would like to replace the fans. I wanted to know if anyone knows if the fans are 3 or 4 pin? Or how could I check this myself? I know the case fans are a back 92mm and front 120mm fan. Then the cpu radiator fan is 120mm (found this out from person on a Amazon review). 
Would any fan work when replacing my current fans as long as they are the same size?  Any recommendations for a quiet but powerful fan? Price not too much a problem since this pc cost a lot and I would like to stay cool as I see temps hit 75-87 while playing warzone. 

1 REPLY 1
hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 137
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess you managed to snatch one of those RTX3080 versions of the Omen 30L? So for the fan noise, I think that is quite a personal experience, since everyone has a different tolerance towards fan noises, but you can replace the fans as they are standard sizes and pins, I personally wouldn't replace any of them, as they are quite good, except maybe the fan on the AIO, Noctua NF-A12x25 would be the best choice, all fans are 4pin btw. Now if you want to change the case, there a so many options out there with a great airflow and versatility, but then again, why buy a prebuilt in a first place?  

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation