Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-103no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As the title suggests, can I change my gaming PC's thermal paste without voiding the warranty?
CPU thermals seems a bit high out-of-the-box and I have some Arctic MX-4 that's probably better than what HP used in the factory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Then you should be good to go.

YOu wont void it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The fact that you changed the paste, no one would ever know.

But if you break something in the process, or if you do a poor job and cause your system to overheat, your warranty would not cover it.

Arctice MX4 is nothing out of the ordinary. IF I were going to re-paste, I would try Kryonaut.

HP Recommended

Yeah I do have liquad ultra aswell but I wouldn't like to apply it.
MX4 is probably a better one that the stock ones they use, my only concern was that does it void the warranty if I just re-apply my own thermal paste there (carefully without breaking anything).

HP Recommended

Then you should be good to go.

YOu wont void it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

HP Recommended

Alright thanks mate, have a nice weekend.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.