Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP - OMEN 25L Gaming PC - Intel® Core™ i5, RTX 2060, 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new HP Omen is very new, literally a couple of days old. I want to be pleased with it as it runs well however, today, 2 days after I received it, I've been hearing these sporadic clicking noises coming from inside the Omen. I may be overeacting as it may just be part of the PC but its something I've never heard before so I wanted some clarification.

Initially after searching on the internet, most people pointed at the hard drive as the source of the clicks, but I ran the quick and extensive tests as advised by HP and it passed both so it cannot be the issue. After listening to it closer, the clicks are definitely coming from the PSU.

Are the clicking noises I'm hearing normal or is it faulty?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Contact the warranty support and get it rma

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@dancoy  Its not normal, but it can happen on any PSU with a fan. HP would prefer you have them replace the power supply under warranty ...Link. But if you purchased from a walk in store, you can return it for an exchange (faster), depending on what store you went to.

HP Recommended

If I brought the item online from Currys, I can still take my desktop in to my local Currys store for a check right? Providing they have those services available. Because I checked my local Currys and they provide exchange and repair services

HP Recommended

You would have to ask Curry's for that one. But my understanding is that Curry's is really good about that sort of thing.

Give them a call.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a similar issue with the psu fan making clicking noise. Though the noise sounds a bit different than the one in the video you posted. Were you able to resolve the issue?

This is the link to my issue.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-Supply-Unit-Fan-clicking-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.