Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am new here, but how can we make sure all the previous folks with this issue get notified about the solution?

HP Recommended

I wished that worked for me but it did not. Mine was already set to Moderate Power Savings and I changed to both Maximum Power Savings and Off. Still hundreds of WHEA-Logger warnings. Thanks for the post, though

HP Recommended

So, I'll get a few of these warning messages now on bootup, but once booted up, these warning messages no longer go on forever. I'm wondering if the system starts up at maximum PCI power savings, then flips to the moderate power savings once completely booted.  Anyway, the number of warnings has gone from one every 6 seconds to none after the first couple on boot up.  Hopefully, someone at HP will take a look at this problem.

HP Recommended

@Fredjlewis

Maybe if more people reported that things worked for them, would be a good idea to flash the default bios using (windows and B if I remember correctly) and if that did not do it, consider reinstalling windows.

HP Recommended

For me it seems to be also OK... I changed the PCI power management settings (and I also reactivated the  message in the registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-System\.... ). Now  I have only 1 message after boot up instead of messages every 5 seconds or so.

Note: I have recently upgrade my bios to from F10 to F.13. I'm on Windows11 with all latest patches and driver updates.

HP Recommended

@ovar0409 wrote:

I'm exactly in the same situation. No specific problem apart that it is creating thousands of those events in EventViewer.
My Omen 30L is brand new (2 weeks) and it seems OK.
I also already updated to the most recent driver versions for pretty much anything I could find - including Bios, I'm on F10 (I read some people were able to install a F20 bios, but could not find a similar package for this built - probably not available). 

Hello
Be careful with the bios
each should indicate the exact model of his computer, ref motherboard
If the bios, applies for one it does not necessarily apply for the other
I read quickly, made that we talk about the WINDOW + B return, be careful, this works mainly with laptops, in general of the many subjects that I have seen, with desktops it is a failure
Here, which corresponds, to the first message
" I bought a GT13-1705ng a month ago"

should be

OasisOC motherboard specifications.

• HP name: OasisOC
  • SSID: 886C

series page

OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000i Product Information | HP® Customer Support

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 886B)

F.10 Rev.A13.0 MB

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 886C)

F.13 Rev.A

Version 20 could be for example for a  different motherboard

but could be fatal

DoradoOC-AMP motherboard specifications

• HP name: DoradoOC-AMP

• SSID: 8703

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8703)

F.20 Rev.A13.1 MB

sp134330.exe

Dorado motherboard specifications

• HP name: Dorado

• SSID: 8704

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8704)

F.20 Rev.A13.1 MB

sp134332.exe

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I am on a desktop I bought in January 2020.  First one had a flood of Event 17 Warnings and there was no room for any other events in the Event Viewer.  Took it back to Best Buy while I still could.

Second one logs WHEA-logger Event 17 about 5-7 times a day. I kept it. Works fine.  Event 17 does not flood the Event Viewer.  But it never goes away.  Two years of updates and Windows 10 version changes from 1909 to 21H2.  Same with HP and other driver updates.  Nothing fixes it.  Power management changes did not work either.  Google search indicates problem has existed since at least 2016.

The warning exists across various brand names, i.e. HP, Asus, Lenovo etc.  Manufacturers don’t seem to care.  HP says they won’t solve the problem because their computers work in spite of it.  My computer works.  Unless Event 17 floods your Event Viewer and you can’t see any other events forgetaboutit.

If you are getting a flood of events, I really don’t know what to say except take it back where you bought it, if you can, and try another computer.

Event 17 WHEA-logger warning will never go completely away.

My first post 1/17/2020:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warning-WHEA-logger-event-17-re...

My second post 2/10/2021:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warning-WHEA-logger-event-17-ha...

HP Recommended

Just curious if you know what Best Buy did to fix it the first time.

HP Recommended

Best Buy let me pick out a different computer.  I don't know what they did with the one I turned in. 

I had not expected the second computer to have Event 17 warnings too.   But there were only a few a day and I just gave up.

HP Recommended

I think this is a motherboard issue, because I have not seen it in non prebuilt desktops.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.