Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just picked up some new ram https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231888

Its not going up to 2400mhz only 2133 I dont see a place in the bios where i could adjust this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You must have a Pavilion Power Chassis. I missed that. Your PC supports 2400 with PPC.

Can you see what HP has installed. I have seen HP use Samsung RAM. Check the timings the CAS Latency using the ZIP version of CPUID (Link).

Some HP consumer motherboards are very finicky when it comes to RAM.

Have you tried looking at Crucial RAM (Link)?

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP consumer PCs don't allow overclocking.

The RAM you purchased will only run at 2133 MHz.

Regards

HP Recommended

So what ram can i use ? The Ram it cam with is running at 2400. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You must have a Pavilion Power Chassis. I missed that. Your PC supports 2400 with PPC.

Can you see what HP has installed. I have seen HP use Samsung RAM. Check the timings the CAS Latency using the ZIP version of CPUID (Link).

Some HP consumer motherboards are very finicky when it comes to RAM.

Have you tried looking at Crucial RAM (Link)?

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes i remember Crucial has there website where they can show you what will work. Im surprised HP doesnt have XMP 2.0.

HP Recommended

Hi Sydneyblue475,

You're very welcome.

PC manufacturers don't support any BIOS overclocking on their proprietary motherboards.

Regards

HP Recommended

I forgot about Crucial. This will work perfect because the speads start at 2400 so doesnt need xmp 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.