Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC IDS Base Models (ArticunoI)
Microsoft Windows 11

Apologies in advance of this is the wrong section tonpoat this question in, as this is my first time having this problem.

I have had my Desktop since March with no problems before, and have been using it at least 2-3 hours almost every day in the last 2 weeks.

Last night on the 23rd when I powered my pc on, it power cycled for a split second 2 times and then started on the 3rd cycle in recovery mode.

After putting in the recovery key, the PC operates normally, but will still has the power cycling issue unless I hold the power button down for longer than usual until I see the lights come on. And then the PC may either fully boot into Windows 11 as normal, or it may boot into recovery mode and ask for my key again.

I have tried using system repair but it brings up a "srttrail.txt" log error, and I am currently running the 2 Hard Drive/SSD tests as I have seen other posts recommend that.

Is there a possible combination that my Power Supply has gone bad in some way along with some other hardware going bad, and what should I do before I ultimately decide to send the desktop to HP for service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the error code mentions a problem, but it is not very precise
but it seems that the warranty is valid for more or less 7 months
I don't know if this is related to what is happening, but I come back to my first answer, contact hp quickly

CommunicationsGPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USBUSB Failure (unspecified)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

do all  the tests:

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

but I recommend you to use the guarantee, as much as possible!

contact hp

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I had ran the Extensive System test last night a few hours before bed, and then did the component tests that I didn't before per your recommendation for about the last hour just now.

The only test that came back negative so far was the USB closest to the power button, and sometimes plugging the usb in caused the power cycle off then back, so far booting up into windows normally.

HP Recommended

Forgot to add the failure ID: RLQF9H-B3RB8C-QFFX0J-8D4R03

Product ID: 3K1G6AV

HP Recommended

the error code mentions a problem, but it is not very precise
but it seems that the warranty is valid for more or less 7 months
I don't know if this is related to what is happening, but I come back to my first answer, contact hp quickly

CommunicationsGPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USBUSB Failure (unspecified)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I'll do that immediately, thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.