Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-001nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why my FPS are lower than another pc of my friend?

mine has:

Ryzen 7 1700

Gtx 1080 windforce oc 8gb (used)

Ram 16gb PC4-19200 MB/s

motherboard: Higos

2T 7200 giri/min

his:

Ryzen 5

Gtx 1070 8gb

500gb

Ram 16

I do 150 FPS in rainbow with LoW

He does 180 FPS with low

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Help please?

HP Recommended

@Ulex Greetings from the HP Community!

How did you identify the low FPS? If it was a 3rd party application I must let you know that HP neither supports nor recommends using such software as it may not show accurate description of how the laptop is designed, that said, if you've used an HP application and it shows a low FPS than the other HP device of the same model/series, I suggest you follow the below steps to improve your FPS:

• Right-click your desktop background and select NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also find this tool by performing a Start menu (or Start screen) search for NVIDIA Control Panel or by right-clicking the NVIDIA icon in your system tray and selecting Open NVIDIA Control Panel.
  • To quickly set a system-wide preference, you could use the Adjust image settings with the preview option. For example, if you have old hardware that struggles to play the games you want to play, you may want to select “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider all the way to “Performance.” This trades graphics quality for an increased frame rate.
  • By default, the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option is selected. You can select Manage 3D settings and change advanced settings for all programs on your computer or just for specific games. NVIDIA keeps a database of the optimal settings for various games, but you’re free to tweak individual settings here. Just mouse-over an option for an explanation of what it does.
  • If you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology — that is, both NVIDIA and Intel graphics — this is the same place you can choose which applications will use the NVIDIA hardware and which will use the Intel hardware.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already had all these options. 
maybe some techical support?

HP Recommended

@Ulex Perhaps, you could answer the questions I had inquired about, and also, tell me if you followed the steps I had suggested, so that we can get into more details.

Please elaborate, thanks.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey! I've had similar issues with my Radeon rx 550.

Here's how I solve them:

1. Check to make sure that all graphics drivers are updated
  2. End any unnecessary tasks in the task manager (Like music you're not listening to or chrome/edge if its taking up to much RAM
  3. Sometimes games just need to have a clean install in order to run correctly, try reinstalling it.
  4. It could also be that your friend is using a modification to make the game run better. (I do that for many of my games and they have +50 fps even though it appears as  I'm just using the Low in-game settings)
  5. Sometimes just restarting your computer will fix the problem.

And it also says that your GPU was "used", so if you modified your PC then that might also affect it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.