Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 25L G12-0060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can’t seem to find a very detailed spec/compatibility list for the intel H470 dorado. How many fan headers does the board have, can I add rgb fans? Can it support rgb ram of the same brand and MHz? New to the pc world and trying to wrap my head around all these specs and what it can support. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Zsharp , welcome to the forum and the PC World.

You are beginning your learning curve in computers at a very interesting time.  Things are changing so quickly it is difficult to know what has changed each day.  What was new today is probably going to be old-hat tomorrow. 😉

Here are the Product Information pages:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-25l-gt12-0000i/33492320/model/36682910/manuals

If you look at the section titled "Manuals /Omen 25L and 30L Desktop PC's - Motherboard Viewer", you should be able to find the information that you need.  Item #12 states: Power LED connector.  I suggest that you look at the connector on your motherboard to see if it is a 3-pin or 4-pin (PWM) connector.  I can't be certain if it is the power for the LED's that came with the case or empty to use for third-party LED's.

I only had two USB 2.0 headers on my custom build's motherboard.  I bought a USB 2.0 adapter that allowed me to make two headers from one: https://www.newegg.com/black-en-labs-1-foot-usb-2-0-9pin-1-to-4-splitter-hub/p/181-01CY-00021?Descri...

I bought three Corsair LED fans, Corsair Commander Pro to control the fan speed and the Corsair Lighting Node Core to power the LED's.  The Commander Pro has 4 USB 2.0 ports, as well.  The Lighting Node Core comes with a two pack of LED fans.

Adding LED fan/s may not give you the desired effect, if the computer doesn't have a windowed side-panel.

I don't know if the motherboard will support LED RAM.  Again, without a windowed side-panel you can't see the LED's.  Your best option would be to choose a RAM manufacturer, such as Corsair, and contact their Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Zsharp , welcome to the forum and the PC World.

You are beginning your learning curve in computers at a very interesting time.  Things are changing so quickly it is difficult to know what has changed each day.  What was new today is probably going to be old-hat tomorrow. 😉

Here are the Product Information pages:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-25l-gt12-0000i/33492320/model/36682910/manuals

If you look at the section titled "Manuals /Omen 25L and 30L Desktop PC's - Motherboard Viewer", you should be able to find the information that you need.  Item #12 states: Power LED connector.  I suggest that you look at the connector on your motherboard to see if it is a 3-pin or 4-pin (PWM) connector.  I can't be certain if it is the power for the LED's that came with the case or empty to use for third-party LED's.

I only had two USB 2.0 headers on my custom build's motherboard.  I bought a USB 2.0 adapter that allowed me to make two headers from one: https://www.newegg.com/black-en-labs-1-foot-usb-2-0-9pin-1-to-4-splitter-hub/p/181-01CY-00021?Descri...

I bought three Corsair LED fans, Corsair Commander Pro to control the fan speed and the Corsair Lighting Node Core to power the LED's.  The Commander Pro has 4 USB 2.0 ports, as well.  The Lighting Node Core comes with a two pack of LED fans.

Adding LED fan/s may not give you the desired effect, if the computer doesn't have a windowed side-panel.

I don't know if the motherboard will support LED RAM.  Again, without a windowed side-panel you can't see the LED's.  Your best option would be to choose a RAM manufacturer, such as Corsair, and contact their Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Keep in mind that you would have to buy ram from HP if you want it to be recognized by the Omen Command Center, control the RGB and use higher frequencies, also there will be no XMP profiles available at all. 

HP Recommended

Awesome info, thanks for that! I do have a 6 pin usb 2.0 available on the motherboard so I think I’ll try what you had done and buy the connection adapter. It does have a glass side panel so it’ll show off the rgb. The hyperX rgb ram I purchased works great. My only issue now is finding a way to mount the fans I want to install at the top to use as exhaust. It looks as if I’ll be able to fit two 120mm fans but I don’t see a way to mount them.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip, I figured it wouldn’t work with the command center and that’s ok. But when I purchased the pc it came with 1 16gb Hyper X fury xmp, so I guess they just add components that can’t be used to their full potential to beef up price? Idk like I said new to the pc world so I just bought double of what it said it came with but rgb. On another note, it advertises hyperX Fury xmp DDR4 2666mhz, it came with HyperX fury xmp DDR4 3200mhz even though max supported is 2933? 

HP Recommended

The 3200mhz that you are seeing is an overclock that HP are applying via the OCC, it's not a Tru XMP profile, but JEDEC utilization. The difference being a lot slower timings, for example that HyperX has 16/18/18 timings in XMP, but HP has it at 22/22/22 on JEDEC.

As for the fans, does your CPU have an all in one cooling solution mounted, if not, you do have a bracket right above it that you can install a fan or an AIO of your choice, all you need to do is punch through the 4 square peaces on the bracket so that you get an air flow when you mount the fan or AIO.

Edit, I saw that you have the 25L, if it's Intel based, I think those come with max 2933mhz memory, as the CPUs are none K versions of the latest 10th generation. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.