Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0170m CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an 1660 ti and its paired with the Ryzen 5 3500 and I noticed that my GPU overclocked itself. The GPU clock on HWinfo is saying that the GPU clock is at 1950mhz and that is an overclock for my card. Is there an way to get it to a lower speed. I had this problem with my CPU being at 3.9ghz and having hot temps, but I fixed it by going to the control panel and setting the power minimum and maximum to 99% and now my CPU temp while gaming is at 59c at 3.53ghz. Is there an way I can do this with my GPU because my 1660 ti keeps going up to 79c and that is way to hot for me so can someone please help me out please because I don't want to keep gaming at 79c.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SupremeMeechus

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to lower the GPU clock speed.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

It is not possible to overclock or lower the GPU speeds. However, I recommend you contact support and check once.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well if its a desktop you should not have to lower speeds, if you do it means the cooling is not working. Though it is very easy to control your gpu with msi afterburner.  I would say set up a custom fan curve before you mess with clock speeds. You will likely be able to keep your speeds and lower temps alot setting a more aggressive fan curve. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.