Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk 875-1023
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was playing a game and all of the sudden my screen goes  to black and when it came back again my display has purple horizontal lines and on device manager windows is giving me error code 43 for the gpu. The GPU has the latest drivers.I really hope the gpu did not die on me, i bought this pc as refurbished and the warranty ended some days ago. Any help with this would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lr554 , welcome to the forum.

The first thing that I would like you to do is remove the video card and connect your monitor to the Integrated Video in the motherboard.  The Integrated Video doesn't work with the video card installed.  If it works, it is the video card.  If not, we will go to the next step.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello thanks for replying to my post, it seems this PC's motherboard doesn't have integrated video. There's no video output ports only the GPU's. It only has USB and USB type C ports and other ports i'm not familiar with but i thinks they're for audio.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @lr554!

This makes it more difficult to test the graphics card.  It states in the Specifications that Integrated Graphics doesn't work if a graphics card is installed.  Normally, it states that there is no integrated graphics.

The only thing that you can do is re-seat the graphics card to see if that helps.  If not, if your computer is still under waranty, you can contact HP Customer Support.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.