Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p041il Desktop PC Product Specifications
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this PC https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05661664

With 230w PSU...can I add gt 1030 low profile GPU in it? Does it works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Firecat,

The specs show that you have a 180w uATX power supply. Even if you did have a 230w power supply, the GTX 1030 retail version would require a 300w power supply. At that point, you would be better off purchasing a GTX 1050 or 1050ti which uses the same power supply.

You would need to measure the existing psu to make sure you could find another one that fits and has the required 24pin motherboard connector. uATX (I think) is the same form factor as MicroATX. Width and height being about 125 x 63.5 mm.

Full ATX 150x140 mm may or may not fit but the screw holes wouldnt line up.

You also need to measure the existing room for what ever card you purchase to make sure that fits.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Firecat,

The specs show that you have a 180w uATX power supply. Even if you did have a 230w power supply, the GTX 1030 retail version would require a 300w power supply. At that point, you would be better off purchasing a GTX 1050 or 1050ti which uses the same power supply.

You would need to measure the existing psu to make sure you could find another one that fits and has the required 24pin motherboard connector. uATX (I think) is the same form factor as MicroATX. Width and height being about 125 x 63.5 mm.

Full ATX 150x140 mm may or may not fit but the screw holes wouldnt line up.

You also need to measure the existing room for what ever card you purchase to make sure that fits.

HP Recommended

Gt 1030 low profile consumes a maximum power of 30w and gtx 1050 consume 75w. Gt 1030 supports pci-e x16 pin same as motherboard pci-e. So is it safe to insert gt 1030 in my desktop which has 230w? 

HP Recommended

Its up to you. It might work, I make no guarantees.

According to Nvidia, they still recommend a 300w PSU.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-1030/specifications

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.