Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was referred by the community as to what graphics cards I could use to upgrade however I have another question are the ones listed the only ones i can upgrade to I was looking at Evga instead of Nvidia and I cant really get a straight answer for it.

The ones I know for sure work:

NVIDIA GTX 1060

NVIDIA GTX 1070 and 1070Ti

NVIDIA GTX 1080 and 1080TI

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Nvidia does not make any graphics cards.

They make the GPU chip that video card manufacturers such as EVGA, ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, etc., incorporate that GPU in their video card design.

So  if you want to use an EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 in your PC feel free to do so.

I have a EVGA Nvidia GT 1030 graphics card in my HP 8200 Elite CMT business desktop.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Nvidia does not make any graphics cards.

They make the GPU chip that video card manufacturers such as EVGA, ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, etc., incorporate that GPU in their video card design.

So  if you want to use an EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 in your PC feel free to do so.

I have a EVGA Nvidia GT 1030 graphics card in my HP 8200 Elite CMT business desktop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.