Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

no brightnessno brightnessnot a single sign of brightness adjustmentnot a single sign of brightness adjustment I would be really happy if somebody could help me figure out why I can't adjust my brightness!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not sure why its not showing brightness in the Nvidia Control Panel. It should look something like this, does it not?

nvidia cp.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

I found that my SECOND MONITOR (older) is hooked up to the HDMI connection (the one with all the pins) and is dim and fuzzy...

Out of all my monitors I only have one with a

Display Port. The Display port requires a “one side flat” cable, Display Port Cable, best ordered online because they’re gobbled up quickly in stores.

Software wise Flip that night switch search for night shift in Cortana search and adjust the time or turn it off altogether.

If you have already then brightness settings are also on the monitor and in the Nvidia control panel or AMD control center.

look forward to your findings.

HP Recommended

I only have 1 monitor and it is connected with HDMI directly to my graphics card. However, the monitor used to be an old AIO Touchscreen Lenovo Desktop. I thought it would be a waste to buy a new monitor since it has support for HDMI, and works fine as a monitor. I would like to know, does this have anything to do with the problem? I can't seem to find anywhere to adjust my brightness in my Nvidia control panel.

Lenovo B50-30 AIO Touch Desktop
this is a link to an article about the PC except it had a 4th gen i5 and only 8gb of ddr3 ram. Same screen, speakers, IO, everything is the same except the core specs

HP Recommended

Not sure why its not showing brightness in the Nvidia Control Panel. It should look something like this, does it not?

nvidia cp.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi photo!

listen can you drop in your base specs on your system?

i used to your version in XP and 7 But on my 10 machines none of that is there either...

mans on my 10 machine I just bought downloading from Nvidia is near impossible because the Java doesn’t function with any of the browsers I’ve used so far Msedge/FF64/FF32 I’m thinking I’ll have to download on w7-64 and thumb dr over.

but yeah all that fancy stuff isn’t showing anywhere easily clickable is there a trick if you have 10?

inquiring minds want to know!

HP Recommended

If you mean in the Nvidea Control Panel, have you tried to clean uninstall the software with Guru 3D Display Driver Uninstaller (and also clear out the registry of remnants) and then try installing again?

Here are my specs for my desktop if it helps...

i7 8700k stock speed

Liquid Cooled

16 GB ram

GTX 1070

Driver... 398.36

Control panel version... 8.1.940.0

500 GB Samsung SSD

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/18894927/do...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.