Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anybody here help me solve this? According to HP's product description page, the Pavillion 690-0020's Radeon RX580 supports "4 monitors, up to 6". I'm trying to figure out how to set it up to do 6. I've tried a couple of different multi stream transport hubs, but no luck. Anybody here know how? Thanks for any advice!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Jetter 

The description also says in order to get 6 displays, you would need an Active Adapter. I don't know what kind of hub you were using, but it probably wasn't active for DP and you wont get it via HDMI.

IF you are connecting 1080p monitors, you should be able to use an Active Displayport adapter splitter. I have not actually used them, but I have in the past used Active USB to HDMI adapters and had success.

HP Recommended

I appreciate your comment. I am using an active MST Hub though, and cannot even get it to run 2 monitors from a single GPU DP connection. The second screen appears to start up, then goes black and the cycle just repeats endlessly. I can't help thinking that the HP Radeon RX580 installed can't do it, but thought somebody at HP might know how. Where in HP's description did you find the the comment about active adaptor?

HP Recommended

The MSI hub might not be playing well with the card, Ive never tried that method. I have only used the USB to HDMI/DP active adapters.

Your specs page mentions the need for an active adapter... https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-690-0000-pc-series/19769765/model/21447501/d...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.