Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-09-2022 12:20 PM - last edited on 11-20-2022 06:52 AM by Ric_ob
As the original post got locked, please read here : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Omen-30L-Ryzen-9-AMD-B550-XMP-profiles/m-p/8350828#M18...
In a nutshell: hp advertises a prebuild with xmp memory.. but the xmp setting cannot be set in the bios.. only if you ad non hp memory to the board.. Something that hp tech dep eventually admitted in an email and by given a list of suggested memory. This after ordering the machine with 64gb of hp ram, in an attempt by me to not get any oem support issues.. pfff
A clear case of misinformation. Nothing on the site or advertisement or system spec pdf mention anything about the necessity to have non hp mem in order to acces the xmp settings in the bios.. Something that would be illogical, as the kingston modules do support xmp. See pics
After contacting HP holland, there response was: " can you show us where it says that for using XMP it is not required to have non hp ram" A statement that is so full of bs, and misleading it makes me puke. Following their rationale anything can be claimed. Yes i can understand its hard to answer questions on a subject you know you're wrong.
11-19-2022 05:02 PM - edited 11-20-2022 07:48 AM
We are not HP tech Support -- Our HP Community is a user forum located in the HP Website.
HP does not maintain an official presence in the Community.
Members are welcome to voice their opinions here as long as the comments adhere to our HP Community RoP - Rules of Participation
Request for Review – Please Read
A request has been submitted to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.
- Our Community is a peer-to-peer user group.
- We are not HP Technical Support -- We are not associated with HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not guarantee HP will respond nor does our request influence the outcome.
- The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.
- Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
- Please do not post any personal information in the Community. We are a public resource.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
We are a Community - people who own, use, and support HP devices.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community