Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

H . So the omen desktop I have has 2 hard drive spots in the front. 1 is taken (obviously) but I want to add a second one cause I'm starting to run out of space. What hard drives are compatible with the Omen 880-010? I've tried to use google to find my answer but I ended up here anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Howardtexas 

Are you asking about the slots that are accessible from the doors on the top front of the case? They are just as universal as the bays inside the case.

You have to use the caddy that comes with it, but any 3.5 inch traditional Sata HDD is do-able. Just don't lose the caddy screws that came with it. They are practically impossible to find and HP doesn't resell them.

Is that what you are asking? Let me know.

Edited to add:   or are you maybe wanting a recommendation on a particular drive to use?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Howardtexas 

Are you asking about the slots that are accessible from the doors on the top front of the case? They are just as universal as the bays inside the case.

You have to use the caddy that comes with it, but any 3.5 inch traditional Sata HDD is do-able. Just don't lose the caddy screws that came with it. They are practically impossible to find and HP doesn't resell them.

Is that what you are asking? Let me know.

Edited to add:   or are you maybe wanting a recommendation on a particular drive to use?

HP Recommended

Yes thank you. That's exactly what I was referring to. I just wasnt sure if it had to be a specific HDD

HP Recommended

Ya they are all usable. 

As far as a specific brand and such, I don't use the WD Red drives between 1 and 6TB anymore. They changed how the sectors are written to (called SMR technology) which is slower than they used to be.

I like WD Purple and Seagate IronWolf drives.  WD black is good too and 7200 rpm, but more pricey.

I stay away from the cheaper stuff, but that's just me.

If the answers I gave are satisfactory, do me a favor and mark it solved to finalize the thread.

Thank you and let us know if you have other questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.