Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Ive had several brands. I didnt like the curved because it picked up glare to easily.

Ive used HP, AOC, LG. My widescreen is an LG that was on sale. Works just fine. Use the 29 inch version to keep it the same height as my 23 inch standard monitors and save room on the desk. Otherwise I would have gone larger.

HP Recommended

27 is the usual though it seems but larger like 32 inch 40 inch? 

i wanted a monitor with usb c  though  

HP Recommended

Depends on what aspect ratio you are talking about. For a standard 16:9 HD ratio then ya. But what ever you prefer, there are no rules for that. 🙂

HP Recommended

IF you decide you would rather not wait, I would consider doing this custom setup instead of what you were looking at.

It has the 8th gen CPU, not the older 7th gen and can come with a GTX 1080ti.

This is what i use at the moment.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&urlLangId=&catEntry...

HP Recommended

i see true ,i did wanna go for larger montoirs tbh at least 32 inches ,and usb c of course , ibe been looking at samsung,hp and lg monitors for my needs .as i dont really know any other brands that would have what i want 

and that is funny i was looking at that one as well because  my bro has that pc . for maybe a year or two now.

HP Recommended

Its a very good choice.

If you have further questions, dont hesitate to ask.

:OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

thanks I'm leaning towards Samsung or LG, but ill be doing more research so when the holiday rolls around I don't have to spend more than I need to, problem is i want monitors that have thin bezels  so there's more screen real estate but the monitors with the thin bezels don't seem to be too plentiful these days 

HP Recommended

btw do u know which one of these graphics cards is the best down below?  also with the omen x desktop and the 880-160 can you put better graphics cards and CPUs in if they come out in the future? like for example if I were to wait and get the 2080 ti and then later on an i10 Intel CPU comes out and a 2090 Ti graphics card comes out will I be able to change them out in the omen x 900-260xe desktop or the  880-160 or are u just stuck with what u get?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8G by HPI NVIDIA

GeForce GTX 1080 8G by HPI 

GFX NVIDIA GTX1080ti FH 11GB G5 NVIDIA

GeForce GTX 1080 8G SLI by HPI 

GFX NVIDIA GTX1080ti FH 11GB G5 SLI

HP Recommended

IF you are going to be gaming on a 4K 60Hz monitor, or a 1080P with 144Hz monitor with AAA games, the 1080ti is the only choice. Remember what I said about SLI? That's where you have two cards connected together but most games don't support it. Its too expensive to be worth messing with and my opinion is to not spend the money on it. But that's strictly up to you.

The next version of the cards (RTX 2080ti or 2090) will be compatible in either case. The only thing you might have to do is upgrade to a higher powered power supply (but that's only maybe).

The Omen X case is bulky  so I like the 880 version. That is basically personal choice too.

Also with the 880, you can get either the 8700 or the 8700K processor. Only the K version is overclockable if you plan on using the Omen Command Center to overclock the CPU.

HP Recommended

Dont forget you will need to factor in Speakers, a good "mechanical" keyboard for gaming, and a good mouse.

Let me know if you need info on that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.