Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I'm writing to you because I noticed a few days ago that while playing, I have too high temperatures in my pc, I also asked in other computer expert forums and they confirmed this. The fans that are already in the pc are not enough to be able to cool it, without the side panel the cpu can stay stable more or less, instead the gpu just can't stay stable. I wanted to know if it was possible to do something, maybe be able to change fans, add more. The problem is that I have the computer with the warranty, so I would not want to lose it, so I ask first here what you think. Thank you

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Not sure what to tell you, but the situation is all familiar to a lot of us, unfortunately the 25L has even worst air ventilation than 30L, so unless you migrate all the internals to a new case, there is not much that you can do. 

HP Recommended

But i'll lose my warranty if I migrate all to a new case

HP Recommended

Correct, the other option is to return it. 

HP Recommended

Ok, so I'll have to keep this pc hoping it won't break until the warranty expires, as I'm paying it in installments, great, thanks anyway for the help

HP Recommended

I have another question, i noticed that recently when I open a program or folder, sometimes the process freezes for a few seconds and I hear a noise from the fans, is this normal? Because it didn't happen to me before

HP Recommended

Hello
if your computer overheats a lot, that the graphics card for example reaches such high temperatures or has the limit of what it can accept around 90 ° for a rtx 2070, 93 ° rtx 3070
For a long time you may pass the warranty, but for how long!
So if you'd rather do nothing, limit heavy use!
And no, if the computer hangs, it is not normal, the fans run faster probably because it overheats !!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Wait, i can't lose my warranty, i called the technical support and they told me in which cases i'll lose the warranty and they didn't mention overheat, btw if ever lose my warranty because who designed this pc didn't think about the air recirculation (it's not my fault).. (it reaches 80° so fast, that's not "heavy use"), i'll never buy again a pc from hp..

HP Recommended

I think you did not understand my answer
I answered in relation to what you said:
"Ok, so I'll have to keep this pc hoping it won't break"
For me, either you contact HP before it's too late, or you see if it is possible to get a refund, and return the computer.
If you don't do this, what I'm saying is if you wait, and it doesn't help in the long run the computer might crash faster, but keep running for quite a while.
Nope, it might not work long after the warranty period, so it will be too late, the computer will be broken, and you will no longer have this warranty.
is that clearer ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ahh ok, now i got it, i'm upset about this.. btw it's better to change my case and lose warranty, than breaking my pc using this case, right?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.