Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Power Desktop 580-023W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had purchased the 580-023W in Dec. 2017.  In my excitement I was following all the update demands once my machine was up and running.

I lost Cyberlink (I really cannot remember what was installed) when I accidentally upgraded it thinking I was updating, which asked for a new purchase key, so was rendered useless.  I uninstalled the upgraded product.

Jump to today and I am tyring to find an editor for my gaming videos and remembered that this machine had come with CyberLink.  I did not have the media at the time to make an installation or recovery when I first got the machine.  i do have a USB I made from my older pc, but it is only just for the OS itself, not for this specific computer.

I miss the recovery disks with preinstallations that came with computers 10 years or so ago, so much more user friendly and simpler.  Now it seems you have to now some tech to maintain your home computer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rheea

Of the several Cyberlink softwares, we do have PowerDirector available.  The packages I found are in the 14.x version range.

I am glad this is resolved.

For later reference

• (How to) Create Restore Point Anytime

Stop all programs:  Browsers, games, Applications, etc.

Control Panel > icon view > System > System Protection

Click (Highlight) your main disk (C) > Select Create a Restore Point

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rheea

Yes, things have changed:  computers are both smarter and just as dumb as ever.

Fortunately, your computer model is providing (at least some of the) drivers for Windows 10:

Software and Drivers - HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-023w

On that page find the Order Recovery link -- this is not for individual software packages; it is the Recovery media that you mention (and I remember) that used to come with a new computer.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edits - Correct Content

There are several kinds of Cyberlink software available - much depends on whether the particular software is generally available in the resources to which we have access.

One place I can think to look (on your computer) would be System Restore.   If you have a viable (usable) Restore Point for the date on which the software was on the system, you could "go back" to that date and time.  This is a catch-22 fix:  You might get the software back, but your computer's Windows Updates would have to reinstall themselves... which might then again remove the software IF Windows did this to you in the first place...

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It's easy to find the drivers, the're linked under my registered devices.  It's the preinstalled programs I'm looking for.  

I don't know where you came up with webcam, but the program was for video editing recordings from gameplay.  This is what the machine was specifically built for. It only came with a keyboard and mouse, so just confused where webcam came from.  But thanks anyway.

I'll take a look at my restore points, hopefully in my excitement I did manage to create one before updating out of box.

HP Recommended

@Rheea

Sorry, I picked the wrong Cyberlink software as example and then did not catch my error.  I do not always multi-task that well.  :smileyembarrassed:

Edit - Removed the irrelevant content from previous post.

That the system was built for a specific purpose suggests the software you seek might ordinarily be licensed or is likely not on the list of Cyberlink software to which I have access.

Hope you find that Restore Point.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  I actually found CyberLink PowerDirector 15 LE as a giveaway.  I had foolishly not created a restore point upon out-of-box initial use.

I have to do some annoying tweaks to open the app, but it is working beautifully for what I need for documenting bugs in an Alpha release.

Thanks again.

Rheea

HP Recommended

@Rheea

Of the several Cyberlink softwares, we do have PowerDirector available.  The packages I found are in the 14.x version range.

I am glad this is resolved.

For later reference

• (How to) Create Restore Point Anytime

Stop all programs:  Browsers, games, Applications, etc.

Control Panel > icon view > System > System Protection

Click (Highlight) your main disk (C) > Select Create a Restore Point

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.