Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 875-1000nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day,
i have a computer 875-1000nc and i wanted to upgrade the RAM.
I bought these memories: HyperX 32GB KIT 2666MHz DDR4 CL13 Predator https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX426C13PB3K2_32.pdf
They have an XMP profile on 2666MHz CL-13 only on my computer they only run on 2400MHz CL-17.
Unfortunately, nowhere in the BIOS can I change this profile or in the Omen Gaming hub
Could you help me or did I just waste money on my memory?

Thank you in advance for answer.

I can't change the XMP profile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Don't get discouraged, there is an issue with the latest XTU that is hiding the memory section, so if you revert to the older versions, you will be able to see it. Here is thread that we discussed the issue with the XTU and there is a solution in it:

Solved: Re: Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility not showing memory secti... - HP Support Community - 788...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Unfortunately you can't enable XMP in the bios, the only way to run that memory kit on its rated XMP profile is to use Intel XTU, and considering it's only 166mhz over the 2400mhz you are seeing now, that adjustment should be very easy and painless. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response,
Of course, I've tried this, but my i5-9400f doesn't support absolutely anything in XTU. And I don't see the "memory" item there at all.

HP Recommended

Don't get discouraged, there is an issue with the latest XTU that is hiding the memory section, so if you revert to the older versions, you will be able to see it. Here is thread that we discussed the issue with the XTU and there is a solution in it:

Solved: Re: Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility not showing memory secti... - HP Support Community - 788...

HP Recommended

Unfortunately,

I tried several older versions and absolutely nothing has changed. Neither in the XTU program nor in the Omen Gaming HUB

And he also writes in the article that in the end he did not succeed if I understood his words correctly.

EDIT:

I apologize for my previous statement.
in the end it worked. Only the XMP profile did not take it due to the fact that they did not exceed the values of 2666MHz and 1.35V
I had to create custom profile where I wrote down the timing values from the XMP profile but I entered 2666MHz and 1.35V.

Thank you really for your time

HP Recommended

I did it with a success, also have a video on it if you check out YT, this applies for a verity of HP and other PC's. 

HP Recommended

I apologize for my previous statement.
in the end it worked. Only the XMP profile did not take it due to the fact that they did not exceed the values of 2666MHz and 1.35V
I had to create custom profile where I wrote down the timing values from the XMP profile but I entered 2666MHz and 1.35V.

Thank you really for your time

HP Recommended

No problem, happy to help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.