Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN GT13-0477NO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! Sometimes when i start the pc in the morning it starts then shuts down after 3sec, then it boots again normally. I dont have any issues with the pc but i do know that i installed firmware 15.10.0.0 thu windows update. Could this be the problem? Because i have latest F31 bios and this is F10 after reading here in the community. So im just wondering if this is normal? Will this damage the pc? Can this be fixed? Sorry for bad english. Have a nice day!

Regards Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't wanna scare you, but no that's not what I'm saying
If the computer is restarting all the time, that is not a good thing.
From there to seriously damaging the computer, maybe not, but it indicates another problem
From what I understand there is no more update in progress, you should see it
If the computer is updating, there is a warning in general, and another if it can not be done.
turn off the computer, unplug the power plug
leave connected to the computer, only the screen, the keyboard and the mouse
Long press the power button, about 30 seconds, you must have the diode, at the power supply off
Then reconnect the power plug, restart and press F10 to open the bios menu
If it is ok, find reload the default values, validate
restart the computer, and check is still there!
If not better, it is necessary to contact the after sales service I think

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello
so just to start, no, a computer doesn't have to restart all the time!
but I'm a little confused, firstly I found the model for sale, but when I look for the support pages do not recognize this computer
but it does not matter, because in the page of the series there is no mention anywhere of f31, or do you have that?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000i/33492325

here is what is proposed, according to the models of motherboards likely to be installed
firm 15.10 windows would correspond to an f10 ..

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8703)

F.11 Rev.A13.1 MBSep 29, 2020Download

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8703)

F.13 Rev.A13.1 MBNov 3, 2020Download

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8704)

F.12 Rev.A13.1 MBNov 3, 2020Download

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8704)

F.10 Rev.A13.1 MBJun 28, 2020Download

• HP name: Dorado OC
  • SSID: 8703

• HP name: Dorado OC-AMP
  • SSID: 8703

Motherboard Specifications, Village

• HP name: Village
  • SSID: 86F7

I advise you to contact the after-sales service in your country !

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi again! Sorry i must have been typing to fast. I mean f13 not f31.  Yeah i also have problem to find it but i just use hp support assistans to download drivers. But yeah im wondering why windows would like to install 15.10 when i already have the latest bios? Doesnt make any sense to me, this is why i dont want bios update thru windows update because that bricked my motherboard from my old hp pc. Is there any solution to like disable bios updates thru windows update? Thanks for your help!

Regards Robin

HP Recommended

No no worries, in fact I understand better then
the update cannot be done, it may try to start over, that would be why it restarts
you can deactivate the updates, there are several possibilities, me with the simplest that's enough for me
the updates are proposed, but they must be checked, to apply them then:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

if it does not start again it will certainly confirm the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for this! Ok but can i somehow ”remove” this update? So the pc dont trying to install it? When i go to windows update and check history i can see the 15.10 is installed but cant uninstall it?

HP Recommended

No solution? It bothers me that its shutting down at first boot up and worried if this will damage the PC after long time? I dont want a bricked motherboard again..

Regards Robin

HP Recommended

Sorry I couldn't answer yesterday
Finally what you tell me now changes everything
I understood that the update was still on!
Only if it is in the list of installed updates, you cannot remove it, if it is the bios update
And if you have the latest one installed then that wouldn't be the problem
You can check in case, in windows update just under show updates, there is a link at the top to uninstall updates!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

No problem! Ok glad it doesnt damage the pc. 🙂 but how do i make the pc to not trying to update when i boot the pc? Do i need to reinstall bios or something? Thanks

Regards Robin

HP Recommended

I don't wanna scare you, but no that's not what I'm saying
If the computer is restarting all the time, that is not a good thing.
From there to seriously damaging the computer, maybe not, but it indicates another problem
From what I understand there is no more update in progress, you should see it
If the computer is updating, there is a warning in general, and another if it can not be done.
turn off the computer, unplug the power plug
leave connected to the computer, only the screen, the keyboard and the mouse
Long press the power button, about 30 seconds, you must have the diode, at the power supply off
Then reconnect the power plug, restart and press F10 to open the bios menu
If it is ok, find reload the default values, validate
restart the computer, and check is still there!
If not better, it is necessary to contact the after sales service I think

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I understand that and im thankful for all your help! It only restarts after the first boot of the day.(it boots then restart after 3 sec) It doesnt reboot while im gaming or have the pc on over the day. But i have made these steps you told me and se if this works. Thanks for all your help and have a nice day 🙂 sorry for bad english

Regards Robin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.