Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I would like to know if there is any way to leave the overclock settings permanent on the startup for example, overclock on Bios but that way it doesn't seem like HP would let us do that on Bios. so instead I tried overclock either on Ryzen Master ,and OMEN Command Center. they work, but it isn't permanent. the settings will roll back everytime we restart the system, so i have to get back in and apply the overclock setting everytime i turn on/restart my computer. which is quite annoying, I want to just set it and forget about it.   Obviously it's gaming desktop, It tends to be used at High performance as possible all the time while gaming. so I would be really disappointed if there's no other way around..

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @KimJunHyung

The Omen Command Center (OCC) should keep the overclock settings when you restart. Mine does.

Here is how I do it...

Run a benchmark before overclocking to get a base reading.

Only adjust the Processor Core Ratio one notch.

Run the benchmark again to see if the overclock is stable.

Continue to increase and run the benchmark each time.

If it is not stable anymore, the bar graph will not increase as it should, it will go back down from the previous increment.

(My 880 will run stable at 47x. Anything over wont stay).

Now reboot (go to Start menu and Restart, do not click Shut Down)

The lights and fan will completely shut off, then the system will auto reboot.

DO THIS TWICE or it wont keep the settings.

Does this help?

IF not, I'm not sure what is happening on your system.

There is no way to adjust the HP Bios to allow overclocking. HP disabled those setting on purpose to #1...  prevent people from destroying their systems and causing warranty issues, amongst other reasons of business model policy.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have already tried the method above but Omen Command Center won't let me keep the settings.

open OCC > Set core multiplier > apply > run a benchmark Cinebench > then run the AIDA64 to make sure it's really stable > reboot system
> open OCC again > set core multiplier > apply > run benchmark > aida64 for mins > reboot... nothing changed I still have to apply the setting everytime myself.

my Ryzen 1800X in 880 could run stable at 55x or 3.867GHz @1.35v as I have tried running Aida64 stability test for hours, it's totally fine and stable at that settings.

so I'm not sure either what exactly the OCC works, it has very few options in there.

HP Recommended

What is the exact product number of the Omen?

I'll pass on the info and see if anyone at HP has any ideas.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

My product number of Desktop Omen is  Y0M89AA#AKL

(additional info : I also tried to run the OCC as administrator everytimes, but it still didn't work. didn't keep the settings at all)

Thank you. I'm looking forward to hear back from HP as soon as possible.

HP Recommended

Now, the start of 2020. I am still looking forward to HP support for my case which never hear back from either HP support itself and the Community. Perhaps I gotta move on to other brand for now. what a disappointing decision to come with HP. "No team or a person in charge at this time" Of course! and It will never have one. Thank you!

I wish the support team was as good as for the ProLiant DL360 I have.

Clearly, they don't pay much attention for consumer grade device.

HP Recommended

@KimJunHyung 

I never got a notice back that you responded last time. I did pass the info forward and was under the assumption an HP Rep would contact you. I will pass it forward again and perhaps someone will contact you this time.

I am not an employee and I am not working on the forum at this time. Just giving you a courtesy response.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

@KimJunHyung

Thank you for posting back. 

HP does not recommend upgrading, overclocking or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.