Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with my gaming laptop.

Whenever I plug it in and I'm playing a game it goes on 60 FPS and drops down to one 1 and keeps doing this over and over. So can someone help me please?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @Alex011 

We need to know what laptop you have first. Assuming its an HP, run the HP Support Assistant and find the PRODUCT number.

Tell me what that product number is.

Give me more details also like what game you are playing and what settings its on.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for advice. I play big games like Watch_Dogs 2 and others like that. But what I found weird is that my laptop goes on 60 fps for a couple of seconds when I plugg in my laptop and than its goes to 1 or 2 fps. Im sorry for not giving enough info but my laptop is confiscated so I cant go on it but when I get it back Ill let you know more info about the problem (When plugged in and playing games doesnt matter if its low or high grapchis it does the same).

HP Recommended

"my laptop is confiscated so I cant go on it but when I get it back Ill let you know"

???🤔???   Ok then, let me know when you can.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello, sorry for the wait I finnaly got my laptop heres the product number.

1VJ11EA#ABU so please can you help me now?

And also I want to clear out that is actually a

Windos 10 Home 64-bit

HP Recommended

OK thanks, your full model number is HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb060sa that released in June 2017.

Ill try to help best I can. It could be a couple of reasons.

1. You should be gaming while plugged into the power cord, not on battery only. Otherwise you will cause the system to throttle down to save power and heat. This will affect performance.
  2. The laptop might be playing those games on the integrated graphics and not the dedicated GTX 1050. To make sure its using the 1050, open the NVIDIA control panel, look for the option to use the NVIDIA card only. It will look something similar to the photo below. NOTE: you can make the system always you the 1050, or select what programs individually use it.....

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

Let me know if that helps.

HP Recommended

When you say power cord plugged in you mean the charger?

HP Recommended

The power cord is the charger, yes.

HP Recommended

Well when i put my charger plugged in it lags it doesnt make it better

HP Recommended

OK so did you also try part 2 of my directions above?  In the NVIDIA control panel, select Manage 3D Settings and see if you have the option to choose the Preferred Graphics Card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.