Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I accidently uninstalled the HP lightbar controller for my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690, and now can't seem to reinstall it from anywhere. The files seem to be located under C:\Program Files\HP\LightingBarControl but none of the applications there work and I can't use any of them to reinstall the controller. Does any one have any suggestions or a link to the install file? Any help would be appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Edward_Lewis18

Welcome to HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

If the Phoenix Control software is not working correctly, use one of the following methods to download or reinstall it.

Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71672.exe

Once this is done, restart your computer and check if this helps.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

After installing the Phenix controller, I can turn off the LED light on the front but it does not change with any of the color options. Do you have any suggestions to fix this?

HP Recommended

@Edward_Lewis18

It looks like you were interacting with @MathewT, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out.

Let's try configuring the LED Lighting with the HP Phoenix Control Software using the steps available here. If issue persists, try updating the system BIOS. You may use the steps available here to update the system BIOS.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Edward_Lewis18

The name of the software is a little misleading as it was intended for the HP Envy Phoenix series of desktops.

Although it will install, it will only turn off the LEDs, it wont change the green color because that is a physical limitation of the 690 series. Nothing you can do about it. Sorry.

As far as Im concerned, its not worth having installed because you can also turn off the front LED from the bios.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.