Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 30 L Gaming Desktop

This is my second day of owning my omen 30 L gaming desktop and i have noticed that when i woke up today the lights were just not working. I went into the omen command center and tried to do some things to change that like changing the color and even turning them off and on, but nothing worked. I cant fix it. Adding on, the CPU is around 130-150°F I'm not sure if that is normal but I've been told it is far too hot. Someone please help me get this fixed.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

130-150F is nothing for the CPU, measure in C for more accurate representation, if you see Intel's or AMD's spec sheet, its all done in C.

As for the RGB, a few things you can do, reboot the PC first. If that doesn't help you might need to reinstall OCC.

If none of those help, it might be a hardware issue with the control board, if you look inside the lights are controlled by a small PCB that is placed on the lower right corner, between the motherboard and the intake fan. It will be an easy replacement if that's the issue, I am sure HP can send you a new one and you don't have to send the whole PC back for repairs. 

HP Recommended

@KaylaDef 

Before you contact HP Support, lets see if its software related. This would save you dealing with a warranty claim.
If a possible update created the issue, we might be able to reverse it (or temporarily).

What version of the Command Center is installed right now? The version number is listed at the bottom of its window.

Edit: I believe  10.3.10.0  is the latest.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.