Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This motherboard in the computer only accepts 7th generation intel, and i need 8th or newer to run windows 11.

i wish to buy just a cpu and a motherboard, and reuse everything else.

But i'm having difficulty finding a micro-atx motherboard that has the onboard connectors for everything. specifically it needs two separate usb 3.0 headers. on for the 3.0 port, and one for the usb type c port.  it also need a usb 2 ones for the card reader.  every single board can find wants an 8 pin additional power connector or doesn't have both usb 3.0 headers.

Is there a working drop in replacement for the odense-2k motherboard that's in the computer that will take a newer cpu and be compatible with the stock power supply and video card? and can i get the motherboard and cpu for under 200$

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @_Zaphod77_ 

Are you happy with your PC's performance? If yes, @Paul_Tikkanen can assist with a W11 install.

Your MB appears to be a standard uATX part having a: 24 pin MB connector and one 4 pin CPU connector. Many retail PSUs provide a split (4 by 4) eight pin CPU connector.

Finding a compatible MB, CPU, and PSU at less than $200.00 is a tall request.

Check eBay for used components.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, @_Zaphod77_ 

If you are interested in installing W11 on your PC as is, you can read this discussion for how I upgraded several HP and Dell notebook and desktop PC's that did not meet the W11 hardware requirements to W11 22H2.

You have to use the version of the Rufus utility that I zipped up and attached in the discussion (v3.18).

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

HP Recommended

I am happy with performance. I wish to spend the absolute minimum to have a computer at least as good as my current one that has a supported windows 11 installation. MS warns that the ability to update may be lost in the future.

This is because i'm not the one paying for it. my employer is.  alternatively another full computer that I could swap the video card and hard drives into would do the trick, but it has to be at least as good a cpu, and it has to SUPPORT windows 11.

Again, I can't even find ONE motherboard that will work with the power supply and case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.