Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880se

Ive recently ordered a new gaming PC with the "black interior paint; external 3.5" bay; liquid cooling system" option. do i have to do maintenance on the water cooling system? do i have to wait to see what specific cooling system they used to find this out? any help and advice is greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Shanes1

The Liquid cooled system is maintenence free, so there is nothing needed to be done. Except for keeping the dust cleared out of the radiator fins perhaps. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Shanes1

The Liquid cooled system is maintenence free, so there is nothing needed to be done. Except for keeping the dust cleared out of the radiator fins perhaps. 🙂

HP Recommended

@Shanes1, welcome to the forum.

You are going to enjoy your new computer.  I have the 880-160se and it is a monster gaming machine.  I have the i7-8700K processor and can overclock it to 5.0 GHz, with the default voltage, using HP Omen Command Center.

As for maintenance on the liquid cooling system, it is a closed system that shouln't require any maintenance.  At least, I haven't found any mention of it in the documentation.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you to both of you! Im glad to be a new member of the community 🙂 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Shanes1!  Always glad to help.

HP Recommended

I have the same system, and today started to worry about the liquid cooler for no reason. Have had the system for two years, no problems. Just want to know what to look out for. This forum is great help.

HP Recommended

@c11w , welcome back to the forum.

I don't believe that you should have any problems with the liquid cooling.  You can watch for any signs of leaking, however.  This is a very rare thing.

HP Recommended

Good to be back. Been a while. 

I tend to go over my components every quarter year or so, and I hope that helps me spot any issues that arise. So far, though, I'm a very happy Omen owner. It's been running 24/7 (maintenance moments excepted) pretty much since mid-'18, and without issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.