Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Compaq dc7900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi there, new to posting so apologies if I'm in the wrong area etc. I have a Compaq dc7900 and am trying to play Minecraft PC. My computer won't allow me and I'm assuming I need to update/upgrade something but I'm not sure town would find this out.
Can anyone advise?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Depends on the specs of the other PC and what version of Minecraft it was playing.

Minecraft has upped the requirements as it evolves and upgrades, just like any other program.

You know, out with the old - in with the new.

Note that the minimum requirements are just that... Minimum, not recommended.

Minimum specs wont necessarily give a good experience.

If you can muster up the cost, a "new" machine will stay relevant for the next 5 years (so to speak).

if you get my meaning.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Liverpool4240

Hard to say whats happening without knowing the specs of your system. Can you tell me what it has?

Also, what do you mean your computer wont allow you to run Minecraft? What is the error message?

HP Recommended
It's saying that's it's crashing. Sorry if I'm being vague I have limited computer terminology knowledge. Which specs do you need? I will check the game again and tell you the exact message. Thanks for your help.
HP Recommended
It's saying:
"The game crashed whilst initializing game.
Error: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
HP Recommended

Download this file and put it on your desktop for easy access.

Speccy portable

On your desktop, right click on it and unzip (extract all) to your desktop.

Open the folder and run Speccy.exe

In the window that opens, tell me what it says for...

Operationg System

CPU

RAM

Graphics

HP Recommended
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 40°c
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM: 4.00GB Dual-channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
Graphics: DELL 1704FPT (1280X1024@60Hz)
Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (HP)
Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (HP)

Hope this helps! 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks, yes it helps.

Minecraft...

Minimum Requirements:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
  • RAM: 2GB
  • GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4*
  • GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4

I suspected your specs as such, but needed you to give me the exact parts.

The only successful upgrade you can do is get a new PC, sorry.

HP Recommended
Oh dear! I suspected as much.
We had an old Linux that we changed as our son wanted one that ran on Windows as there were games he wanted to play that Linux wouldn't allow. Weirdly, that one allowed Minecraft!! Stupid question possibly but could we not have something taken from one pc to the other?
HP Recommended

Depends on the specs of the other PC and what version of Minecraft it was playing.

Minecraft has upped the requirements as it evolves and upgrades, just like any other program.

You know, out with the old - in with the new.

Note that the minimum requirements are just that... Minimum, not recommended.

Minimum specs wont necessarily give a good experience.

If you can muster up the cost, a "new" machine will stay relevant for the next 5 years (so to speak).

if you get my meaning.

HP Recommended
Ok, Thanks for all of your help.
You've been been great!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.