Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 🙂 my motherboard does 3 low beeps and 2 high beeps when i am starting the pc with the on/off switch. It does those sounds 5 times. Can't have Access to the bios, nor using mouse or keyboard. It just keep beeping, but i can't find the code of the beep online.

Mobo: odense 2k

Cpu: intel i7 6th gen.

Ram:  corsair vendetta lpx DDR4-2133 288 pin

The ram is new cuz the old was broken...maybe this is the problem? I looked for the compatibility and i tought it was ok....

Thx in advance 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Tolkienina wrote:

.. The ram is new cuz the old was broken...maybe this is the problem?

@Tolkienina 

Do you still keep old RAM ? Why not buy the same one ? What is your machine actually ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have tried to understant wich label was the old one, but there was nothing written on, no plastic case around the microchip... just the the "naked" ram. So i looked on internet, for this omen Pc of 2016 with the odense 2k mobo the ram should be DDR 4 2133, 288 pin. I just bought one with this specs cuz i couldn't understand wich label was the original. 

But maybe you can help me with the beeps, if i understang those, i can understand the problem:

3 low, 3 high. Repeated for 5 times. 

I do not know this code, i have searched online but this sequence do not exist...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.