Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000i (1K4J0AV)

I got HP Pavilion without cpu and gpu, now i want to put this computer together. I found on hp website cpu compatibility - there are only 2 cpu(i5-11400 and i7-11700). Two of this is quite bite expensive, so i think about king of value i3-10100f - its the same socket and tdp but aren't on compatibility list. I wonder if such a configuration is possible, are other cpu blocked by bios? Are there any ways to crack the bios? or just other processors will working normally, has someone checked it? I also found cheap i7-11700 Confidential Sample, i know this is pre-release CPU in lower clock but will it work on this motherboard? How bios whitelist actually work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JaBuko,

I have good news for you. Yes, there are a couple of Intel Core i3 processors which are compatible with your HP Stark (SSID: 8860) motherboard.

Starting with the Intel Core i3-10100F as shown here, for example: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark.  These processors can indeed be bought very inexpensively such as here for $69: i3-10100f: Search Result | eBay.

Or you could pick the Intel Core i3-10105F as seen here: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark, which can be purchased starting at $85 here, for example: Intel Core i3-10105F 3.7GHz LGA1200 (400/500 Series) Comet Lake Desktop Processo 735858478106 | eBay.

And the Intel Core i3-10300 as seen here: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark, but these processors are more expensive ($144+).

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: LGA1200
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor
TDP
Intel Core i5-11400 (Rocket Lake-S) 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz Max Turbo Frequency, 12 MB L3 cache, 6 cores
65 W
Intel Core i5-11400F (Rocket Lake-S) 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz Max Turbo Frequency, 12 MB L3 cache, 6 cores
65 W
Intel Core i7-11700 (Rocket Lake-S) 2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 4.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores
65 W
Intel Core i7-11700F (Rocket Lake-S) 2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 4.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores
65 W

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-2000i/2100367766/model/21004...

So hp installed tested and validated this

a processor, not being on this list, but of the same type, would work, only, no one can guarantee it here, unless they have tried
And you risked waiting a long time..
sometimes a bios update may be necessary, but all at your own risk!
One thing, tell yourself that if the computer was stripped and sold empty, there is a reason!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

the previous owner took it apart because the motherboard, power supply and case have some limitations, unfortunately I didn't know about this before buying. For me, it makes no sense why the manufacturer introduces such restrictions in the modification of the device. But back to my question, maybe someone tried to insert a different CPU with the same TDP? 

HP Recommended

@JaBuko,

I have good news for you. Yes, there are a couple of Intel Core i3 processors which are compatible with your HP Stark (SSID: 8860) motherboard.

Starting with the Intel Core i3-10100F as shown here, for example: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark.  These processors can indeed be bought very inexpensively such as here for $69: i3-10100f: Search Result | eBay.

Or you could pick the Intel Core i3-10105F as seen here: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark, which can be purchased starting at $85 here, for example: Intel Core i3-10105F 3.7GHz LGA1200 (400/500 Series) Comet Lake Desktop Processo 735858478106 | eBay.

And the Intel Core i3-10300 as seen here: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark, but these processors are more expensive ($144+).

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@JaBuko wrote:

the previous owner took it apart because the motherboard, power supply and case have some limitations, unfortunately I didn't know about this before buying. For me, it makes no sense why the manufacturer introduces such restrictions in the modification of the device. But back to my question, maybe someone tried to insert a different CPU with the same TDP? 

You talked about budget..
Do you have the intention, the means, to install a GPU with it?
Because you should know that if you use a processor, version F, no integrated
If you install an I3 processor, no need to install a very powerful graphics card
In one of the links given here, I see an i3, advertised at more / less €178
excluding the i5 version 11 processor I found it at €154.00
it's up to you, but don't buy a computer of this type, to install basic components, it would be a shame..
how much for the whole without processor/graphics card, you have at least everything else?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

@JaBuko wrote:

You talked about budget..
Do you have the intention, the means, to install a GPU with it?
Because you should know that if you use a processor, version F, no integrated
If you install an I3 processor, no need to install a very powerful graphics card
In one of the links given here, I see an i3, advertised at more / less €178
excluding the i5 version 11 processor I found it at €154.00
it's up to you, but don't buy a computer of this type, to install basic components, it would be a shame..
how much for the whole without processor/graphics card, you have at least everything else?

I have gtx 1660 super, i3 processor should be enough for this card.

HP Recommended

Ok, so it's up to you, get started!
don't forget to give the result, it might help someone else

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Now I can confirm that i3-10105f work perfectly fine in hp stark mobo.

HP Recommended

@JaBuko,

Awesome!  -Thank you for following up.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.