Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0083w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer keeps freezing. It will happen on startup, when it's trying to shutdown, while it's idle, when i'm on the internet, there seems to be no pattern or inciting incident to it. It's all too random for me to pinpoint a reason. What's worse, is how it freezes, my tower lights are on, the screen goes black, saying hdmi is inactive, and i cannot get it to come back on at all, so i have to turn it off. No matter how long i hold down the power button the light in the button and on the tower stay on and nothing happens. I have to literally unplug it from the surge protector for it to go off, then i can turn it back on via the power button again. 

Things i have tried:

I have updated it from the settings / update & security / windows update 

I am up to date with all the nvidia updates

I have spent the last 6 hours on the hp support chat, that was a complete fiasco

all the things they were wanting to try I couldn't get through because i kept freezing and having to start the whole conversation over.

I did a thing with them that had me pressing f2 while the computer turned on and ran a fast test and he said the hardware was fine.

Updated all i could on Support Assistant

temp core staying at 96f -101f

i don't know what else to say or do.  This is a video of what happens right after a freeze.

https://youtu.be/QDtlnEGDNO0

General specifications
Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Microprocessor
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

System memory
8 GB

Memory slot 1
8GB Samsung 2666MHz

System board
8433 11

System BIOS
F.52

Video
Graphic device 1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Current resolution
1920 x 1080

Refresh rate
60 Hz

Version
27.21.14.5206 (8/12/2020)

Graphic device 2
AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics

Version
26.20.14038.2009 (4/2/2020)

Audio
Device 1
RtkA2dp

Status
Enabled

Driver
RtkA2dp.sys

Version

Device 2
Realtek High Definition Audio

Status
Enabled

Driver
RTKVHD64.sys

Version

Device 3
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Status
Enabled

Driver
nvhda64v.sys

Version

Device 4
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Status
Enabled

Driver
nvvad64v.sys

Version

Device 5
RtkA2dp

Status
Enabled

Driver
RtkA2dp.sys

Version

Device 6
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Status
Enabled

Driver
AtihdWT6.sys

Version

Device 7
RtkA2dp

Status
Enabled

Driver
RtkA2dp.sys

Version
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AmberH1 , welcome to the Community.

The first thing that I would check are all of the connectors inside of the case.  If one or more of them is loose it could cause your problem.  The next thing to check is the power supply unit (PSU).  If it is failing it will cause the symptoms that you are experiencing.  There are numerous videos and guides to help you with the testing.  Last, I would check the memory.  The best way is to remove it all and replace it one module at a time in the slot nearest to the processor.  All of these things can cause your problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.