Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk 875-1025nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have bought this tremendous PC, on the web they told it had DTS Studio Sound bud I miss the DTS Audio Control Panel on my computer. Is that all right? My previous PC was a HP Pavilion and it had the DTS Audio Control Panel. I would like to make the sound of the PC better...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kareloprchal , welcome to the forum.

I suggest installing this driver:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-875-1000-obelisk-desktop-pc-se...

I believe that the DTS Sound Control should be added with it.  Also, you should use HP Support Assistant to assure all of your software and drivers are up to date.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kareloprchal , welcome to the forum.

I suggest installing this driver:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-875-1000-obelisk-desktop-pc-se...

I believe that the DTS Sound Control should be added with it.  Also, you should use HP Support Assistant to assure all of your software and drivers are up to date.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for your time dealing with my issue. I did what you suggested and it worked - the sound of the PC is perfectly fine now. Unfortunately, the DTS Sound Control did not appear, so I suppose it is not meant to be there. Anyway, I do not mind that because the main problem - sound quality - was significantly improved.

Regards,

@kareloprchal

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @kareloprchal!  I am glad that the sound quality is better, but am surprised that the DTS Sound Control was not a part of the driver.  I suggest running a search for it to see if there is a version available on the Internet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.