cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
kareloprchal
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

No DTS Sound Control on OMEN by HP?

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk 875-1025nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have bought this tremendous PC, on the web they told it had DTS Studio Sound bud I miss the DTS Audio Control Panel on my computer. Is that all right? My previous PC was a HP Pavilion and it had the DTS Audio Control Panel. I would like to make the sound of the PC better...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,650 9,296 2,965 11,394
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kareloprchal , welcome to the forum.

I suggest installing this driver:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-875-1000-obelisk-desktop-pc-se...

I believe that the DTS Sound Control should be added with it.  Also, you should use HP Support Assistant to assure all of your software and drivers are up to date.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kareloprchal , welcome to the forum.

I suggest installing this driver:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-875-1000-obelisk-desktop-pc-se...

I believe that the DTS Sound Control should be added with it.  Also, you should use HP Support Assistant to assure all of your software and drivers are up to date.

kareloprchal
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for your time dealing with my issue. I did what you suggested and it worked - the sound of the PC is perfectly fine now. Unfortunately, the DTS Sound Control did not appear, so I suppose it is not meant to be there. Anyway, I do not mind that because the main problem - sound quality - was significantly improved.

Regards,

@kareloprchal

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @kareloprchal!  I am glad that the sound quality is better, but am surprised that the DTS Sound Control was not a part of the driver.  I suggest running a search for it to see if there is a version available on the Internet.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation